Procurement Mangement Question Solve pattern

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
anand.sutar
Beginner
Beginner

Procurement Mangement Question Solve pattern

Postby anand.sutar Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:05 am

Dear Seema, Manish or Saket Sir,
I just wanted to know is my undertanding of solving question is proper or need to be improved, example is as below,

Question is from Rita Book, Procurement Management assessment question No. 27)

27) Your project has just been fast tracked, and you are looking to quickly bring in a subcontractor to complete networking. There is no time to issue a request for proposal (RFP), so you choose to use a company you have used many times before for software development. a primary concern in this situation is:
A. Collusion between subcontractors
B. The subcontractor’s qualifications
C. The subcontractors evaluation criteria
D. Holding a bidder conference

Correct Ans: B. The subcontractor’s qualifications
Although you have used this contractor before, how can you be sure the company is qualified to do the new work, since it is not exactly like the previous work? This is the risk you are taking.
==========================================================
I feel above question can be solved in below way, let me know is it proper or need to be improved,

Question is from Conduct Procurement, so don't consider the option A, since it's from Control Procurement.
Conduct procurement Procedure is as below,

1. Advertise
2. Bidder Conference
3. Evaluation
4. Negotiation
5. Select Seller
6. Agreement

as per question we willing to skip first 1, 2 procedure, and directly going to option C) The subcontractors evaluation criteria , however from here also option B) which will be more in detail "The subcontractor’s qualifications" is major important.
So just selecting C) The subcontractors evaluation criteria is not important we need to got further in particular point of "The subcontractor’s qualifications" is most important.

I am trying to put question in process or procedure to follow format. Let me know any improvement need to be added.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Procurement Mangement Question Solve pattern

Postby manishpn Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:10 pm

anand.sutar wrote:Dear Seema, Manish or Saket Sir,
I just wanted to know is my undertanding of solving question is proper or need to be improved, example is as below,

Question is from Rita Book, Procurement Management assessment question No. 27)

27) Your project has just been fast tracked, and you are looking to quickly bring in a subcontractor to complete networking. There is no time to issue a request for proposal (RFP), so you choose to use a company you have used many times before for software development. a primary concern in this situation is:
A. Collusion between subcontractors
B. The subcontractor’s qualifications
C. The subcontractors evaluation criteria
D. Holding a bidder conference

Correct Ans: B. The subcontractor’s qualifications
Although you have used this contractor before, how can you be sure the company is qualified to do the new work, since it is not exactly like the previous work? This is the risk you are taking.
==========================================================
I feel above question can be solved in below way, let me know is it proper or need to be improved,

Question is from Conduct Procurement, so don't consider the option A, since it's from Control Procurement.
Conduct procurement Procedure is as below,

1. Advertise
2. Bidder Conference
3. Evaluation
4. Negotiation
5. Select Seller
6. Agreement

as per question we willing to skip first 1, 2 procedure, and directly going to option C) The subcontractors evaluation criteria , however from here also option B) which will be more in detail "The subcontractor’s qualifications" is major important.
So just selecting C) The subcontractors evaluation criteria is not important we need to got further in particular point of "The subcontractor’s qualifications" is most important.

In this case the PM is not doing evaluation either so that is also skipped and the questions does not say of negotiations either, the vendor is selected purely on basis of existing relationship

I am trying to put question in process or procedure to follow format. Let me know any improvement need to be added.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
anand.sutar
Beginner
Beginner

Postby anand.sutar Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:36 pm

Manish Sir,
based on you suggesting, I understood below path,

correct me if I am wrong,

question can be solved purely based on Elimination technique by understanding two things,

1st) question in which process, its in Conduct Procurement, so eliminate rest options A and D, and
2nd) What PM actually doing, it's not evaluation process, so eliminate option C
so only left option is B, how it's link, no need to think too much (in 1 minute of time),

but option A, C and D is totally not linked. so select option B.

is this way understanding proper.

I am trying to find out, how to land up to correct answer?
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:00 pm

Yes the question can be approached that way as well
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”