Pragmatic Agile Workshop

Passed PMP at First Attempt on Aug 31, 2017

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
pranabdas

Passed PMP at First Attempt on Aug 31, 2017

Postby pranabdas Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:33 pm

HURRAY!!!!

Yes, I passed PMP exam on August 31, 2017 at my first attempt. I won't forget the moment when I saw "Congratulations!" screen after the survey.

First of all, I would like to give thanks to Jyoti and Namita for your wonderful administrative supports. Thanks Manish for your nice clarification sessions, and last but not the least "Saket" for your all wonderful videos. Seems like you are a by-born teacher, Saket. You have that credentials. Thanks again for these videos.

I followed PMBOK guide, Rita's book and Saket's videos and did not give any mock exams other than Rita's books chapter-wise tests and iZenbridge Mock Tests. Saket's videos along with these two books helped me to clear my understandings. I recommend everybody who want to give PMP exam to follow Saket's Videos first, then read PMBOK guide and Rita's book.

Now about the Exam: I used all 4 hrs, even I couldn't finish last 5 questions because of the time shortage. All questions were very narrative and situational. I was surprised to see only 2 math questions out of 200. I finished only 75 questions in first 2 hours. I couldn't speed it up as all the questions were descriptive. However, I was not frustrated for this and kept myself quiet all the time. Finally, I was able to finish 195 questions within 4 hrs. Then Time's up and started the survey. When I finished survey, I was in fear to hit the ok button. Finally I did that and closed my eyes. When I opened my eyes, I saw 'Congratulations!' screen and was about to cry. This moment I won't forget.

Thanks again Saket, Manish, Jyoti, Namita and others for your wonderful supports! I will recommend iZenbridge to my friends, relatives and others who want to give PMP exam.

Cheers,

Pranab Das, PhD, PMP
Project Manager
Department of Biology
Queen's University
Kingston, ON- K7L 3N6, Canada
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Passed PMP at First Attempt on Aug 31, 2017

Postby manishpn Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:38 am

Hi Pranab, Great news !!!
Thanks for choosing Izenbridge.
Wish you greater success in career post PMP :)
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
jyotimayank
Expert
Expert

Postby jyotimayank Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:45 am

Dear Pranab,

Heartiest congratulations!! for achieving PMP Credentials and sharing your success story with us.
You have mentioned that you could not attempt last 5 questions, can you share the reason behind it.

Were the questions lengthy, complex or tough? Your reply will help the future test takers

Do stay connected with iZenBridge!!!

Thanks & Regards,
Jyoti Gupta
PMP Mentor & Coach

iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd
pranabdas

Postby pranabdas Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi Jyoti,

Yes, the questions were lengthy and situational. As I mentioned before, I only practiced iZenbridge Mock test questions and Rita's Book's Chapter-wise questions and I found original PMP exam questions are way tougher than iZenbridge questions. There was few ITTO questions too, but not straight forward asking, all were in different situational scenarios/stories. I would expect more math questions, where I feel comfortable and confident to solve math questions quickly. However, there's only 2 math questions out of 195 that I covered. For PMP exam questions, I would suggest all future test takers to have your understandings on 47 processes crystal clear (this is really required) following iZenbridge videos, then read PMBOK guide and Rita's book & questions, and then if possible practice with available Mock questions including iZenbridge.

Thanks,

Pranab Das, PhD, PMP
Project Manager
Department of Biology
Queen's University
Kingston, ON- K7L 3N6, Canada
jyotimayank
Expert
Expert

Postby jyotimayank Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:57 am

Thanks, Pranab :) , this information will really help other PMP test takers