CSM Forum Banner

PMBOK DIAGRAM 5-10 AND 5-14 KINDLY EXPLAIN

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
VCAB
Participant
Participant

PMBOK DIAGRAM 5-10 AND 5-14 KINDLY EXPLAIN

Postby VCAB Mon May 08, 2017 2:19 am

So, I have the jitteries about the PMP exam so I am reading the PMBOK again and listening to Rita abridged audio CD. Also, I noticed that I seem not to be able to break this 83% average scores and my goal is to make at least constantly 85% in practice tests. However, the 2nd time reading the PMBOK seem so much easier and clearer. Thanks to all of you all in this chat.

So, I was looking at the Create WBS process and in diagram 5-10, it depicts or suggested that scope baseline is an input into the validate scope process, but in 5-14, I don't see the scope baseline as an input into this process. I was trying to understand why would the scope baseline ()5-10) when the Requirement Doc and Traceability matrix provide the information required for validation. So could someone explain why the scope baseline is an input on 5-10 and not in 5-14. Even if the baseline was updated (project mgt plan), the affected project doc (requirement doc and traceability matrix) would or should have been updated also.

Help someone....thanks much
VCAB
Participant
Participant

Re: PMBOK DIAGRAM 5-10 AND 5-14 KINDLY EXPLAIN

Postby VCAB Mon May 08, 2017 6:12 pm

Folks nevermind, I found my answer....an input to Validate Scope is the Project Mgt (the scope baseline a subsidiary plan to the Project Mgt Plan
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: PMBOK DIAGRAM 5-10 AND 5-14 KINDLY EXPLAIN

Postby manishpn Tue May 09, 2017 7:56 am

Great.
PMBOK sometimes has explicit inputs and sometimes the required inputs are part of PMP.

So if you look carefully you will be able to get your answers within the book.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”