CSM Forum Banner

Rita - Quality Question

Here we discuss Freely Available PMP® mock exam questions. Internet is full of free PMP® Simulators but most of these simulators does not provide good explanation of answers, here we discuss them.
Wally123

Rita - Quality Question

Postby Wally123 Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:45 am

A project manager has just taken over the project from another project manager during project executing. The previous project manager created a project budget, determined communications requirements, and went on to complete work packages. What should the new project manager do NEXT?

A. Co-ordinate completion of work packages
B. Identify quality standards
C. Begin the identify Risk process
D. Execute the project management plan

I have chosen C, but the answer is B
VCAB
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Rita - Quality Question

Postby VCAB Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Yep B is the right answer....

The project states that a budget was done (Cost Mgt--Dev Budget), and requirements collected (Scope, Collect Requirement) and WBS done Scope Mgt, Create WBS). After the budget is done the next knowledge area is Quality Mgt...

The best way to answer these question is to memorize the 47 process.....this question straight from that
kapil.bhauryal
Beginner
Beginner

Postby kapil.bhauryal Tue May 02, 2017 6:26 am

A project manager has just taken over the project from another project manager during project executing. If we consider that we are in executive its means we completed planning and option A & D seems good choice.

While Option B & C showing we are still in Planning.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Tue May 02, 2017 8:36 am

I agree this is a very confusing question and I would not go with option B, since work packages are complete, it is implied that quality needs are taken care in that.
there is no clear option to choose from and explanation provided in rita is also not convincing.
the starting statement that Work package completion is done after planning is not correct, as WP creation is part of planning, also rick identification starts from beginning of the project and not dependent on quality planning.
We are in project execution phase as per situation mentioned in question, if i had to choose I would go with option D
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Mock Exams Open Questions”