CSM Forum Banner

BA Exam Outline

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMI-PBA® clients to discuss issues / tips related to PMI-PBA® exam.
costasz

BA Exam Outline

Postby costasz Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:42 am

Hi Seema,

Since I am on my last week before exam, I am checking the PMI - PBA exam outline in order to make sure that I have covered all the terms mentioned there..
I found some terms that I didn't match them with the study materials. Could you please let me know if we have any link for the below terms:

1. Technical writing, business writing
2. Quadrant Analysis
3. Planguage
4. Service level agreement
5. Organizational readiness
6. Strategic and tactical planning tools and techniques
7. Value engineering
8. Scenario analysis
9. User Journey maps
10. Systems thinking

Also, how much important are those terms that I have mentioned for the exams?
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: BA Exam Outline

Postby seema.sonkiya Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:58 pm

All the content is present in the course. Here are the details:
1. Technical writing, business writing

A good amount of course belongs to it. It is related to the requirement development and management. How Business Requirements are generated and elaborated in the stakeholders and solution requirements. Requirements are reviewed, approved and baselined.

2. Quadrant Analysis

SWOT and BCG matrix are the example of Quadrant Analysis. Quadrant means each of four quarters of a circle

Planguage

Please refer: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5305&p=19769

Service level agreement

It is a tool to establish terms & conditions for services to be provided. Like we have SLA to respond forum queries within one Business Day.
It may include service details. Availability period, performance thresholds etc.

Organizational readiness

Complete Need Assessment domain is dedicated to it. If the organization is ready for an initiative or change based on its internal & external capabilities, if the solution is feasible and seems promising to deliver Business Benefits – it is selected.
It is a form of organization state, where organization is committed for a change and their collective ability to do so.

Strategic and tactical planning tools and techniques

The chapter “Need Assessment Tools & Techniques” is completely belongs to it.

Value engineering

Please refer: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3449&p=12906
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3449&p=12852

Scenario analysis

A scenario describes a specific situation that the user will recognise, which works through a single instance to a logical (although not always successful) conclusion.
Scenarios help to validate requirements for completeness of coverage because they are written from user perspectives, they also provide a solid base for prototyping, testing and subsequent training for business users.

Each scenario has a clear start and stop point thus scenario analysis can also be used to identify and investigate boundaries between tasks.

Use Case scenarios are the example.

User Journey maps

It describes the journey of a user through the lifecycle of a process in a visual format. There is no format of defining these maps. You can use simple stick figures and smiley faces. For example, you can create a User Journey Map for a customer who enter in a coffee shop, see the menu, check likes & dislikes, order, enjoy the coffee and pay the bill.

Systems thinking

It is a management discipline which is an effort to understand the complete system by examining various linkage and interactions between components. Need Assessment and Analysis domains are based on system thinking.
Formore details please see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systems_thinking
costasz

Re: BA Exam Outline

Postby costasz Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:17 pm

Thank you for your detailed explanation!

Return to “PMI-PBA® Queries and Tips”