CSM Forum Banner

Need suggestion on CSM and post certification

Forum to discuss topics on Agile and Scrum Certifications ( SAFe , CSP , CSM , CSPO , CSD , PSM etc...)
imthiaz78

Need suggestion on CSM and post certification

Postby imthiaz78 Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:04 am

I have enrolled CSM course through IZEN:

1: Have gone through 55 videos program including quizzes +practice test and 2 days mandatory training on upcoming week Apr 1 and Apr 2nd where i have planned to clear all my doubts. want to know the very next day or same week i can go for the exam or any additional preparation required.
2: I'm into infra project manager but i didn't have any experience on Software domain so, how can i move forward on getting PSM by attending only a training programs by claiming required SEU + free videos or relevant experience is mandatory.
3: can i proceed on PMI-ACP program but even then, this will be of just for certification perspective as i don't have any experience in software domain until and unless gets an opportunities on this.
4: If in case both 2 and 3 are possible then which one to go for it as far as the current market demand is concerned.

Currently i'm PMP certified (was enrolled your program in this too) and want your guidance to choose the right program/certificate to move on growth ladder. Thanks in advance.

Thank you.
Imthiaz.
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: Need suggestion on CSM and post certification

Postby seema.sonkiya Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:28 am

1: Have gone through 55 videos program including quizzes +practice test and 2 days mandatory training on upcoming week Apr 1 and Apr 2nd where i have planned to clear all my doubts. want to know the very next day or same week i can go for the exam or any additional preparation required.

Seema: Your planning seems right, no additional preparation is required.

2: I'm into infra project manager but i didn't have any experience on Software domain so, how can i move forward on getting PSM by attending only a training programs by claiming required SEU + free videos or relevant experience is mandatory.

Seema: You are eligible. For PSM-1 SEUs are not needed. It is basic certificate, no eligibility is needed as an experience or training.

3: can i proceed on PMI-ACP program but even then, this will be of just for certification perspective as i don't have any experience in software domain until and unless gets an opportunities on this.

Seema: I advise to refer the following blog to know answers to all of your questions: https://www.izenbridge.com/blog/pmi-acp ... mystified/

4: If in case both 2 and 3 are possible then which one to go for it as far as the current market demand is concerned.

Seema: PSM-1 is basic certiifcate and ACP is advanced level. I advise if you are ready then go for PSM-1.

Return to “Agile and Scrum Certification Open Forum”