CSM Forum Banner

Activity Duration Estimates

Here we discuss Freely Available PMP® mock exam questions. Internet is full of free PMP® Simulators but most of these simulators does not provide good explanation of answers, here we discuss them.
sdura

Activity Duration Estimates

Postby sdura Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:36 am

The senior analyst on a project came up with Activity Duration Estimates as follows:

Activity A: 10 days + a lag of 2 days

Activity B: 1 week + a lead of 3 days

The project manager who reviewed this came up with some objections to these estimates. What would they most likely be?

A The analyst should have included %variance information while mentioning the Activity Duration Estimate. This would indicate a range of possible results.

B Activity Duration Estimates should not include any lag or lead information.

C It is advisable not to mix up units such as days and weeks while coming up with Activity Duration Estimates.

D The Activity Duration Estimate should have also mentioned the predecessor or successor activity to which the lag or lead is attached.

I selected option C, but the answer says it is B. The reason I selected C from the given list is, in planning stage we recommend to use the same measurement units so all members follow the same and easy for estimation. In B, I felt activity duration estimates will have identified lead or lag at the end of its process considering the sequence of activities, so that it could be consolidated during develop schedule. Can you please clarify or correct my understanding.

Return to “PMP® Mock Exams Open Questions”