Scrum-Master-Forum

Completed PMI-PBA certification on 22nd June

PMI-PBA® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
ayyappakumar

Completed PMI-PBA certification on 22nd June

Postby ayyappakumar Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:32 am

Hi All

Happy to announce that I earned my PMI-PBA certification on 22nd June with 4 domains as above target and 1 domain (analysis) as target.

I enrolled for iZen bridge course in 2018 and studied for 2 months (approx 2-3 hrs per day). But due to personal reasons, I could not give the test in 2018 but started my preparation back in April 2019 (serious preparation from May). Prepared for 45 days in May and June (daily approx. 1 to 1.5 hrs) mainly giving an assessment and reviewing the results.

After the exam, I felt that the training videos are sufficient to provide test takers with enough knowledge

Preparation
I studied the PMI guide to Business Analysis book (2 rounds), iZen bridge course (All videos 1 time and assessments and related videos) and some youtube videos related to PMI-PBA.

Tips for the exam
1. Give as many assessment tests as possible. Review both the right answers and wrong answers. Review the questions (both right and wrong) for which you are not confident. Save the questions and explanation in a PPT/Word for future reference. Take a printout and you can read them during your travel, which will help you to recollect quickly
2. For each of the domains and tasks prepare a ready reckoner with high level overview of the terms, definitions and some explanation for models. Take a printout and you can read them during your travel, which will help you to recollect quickly
3. Give both the full length tests in iZen bridge. This will help you to focus for the long 4 hour duration
4. If possible, give the exam in the morning (fresh mind)
5. Do not over read 2-3 days before the exam and relax.
6. During the exam, as the exam is lengthy one, you have possibility to strike the options that are not right. This will help in eliminating the wrong answers. Mark the most suitable answer and if required mark the question to review in case you have time. I could change answer for 5-7 questions during review. You will hardly have 10 minutes to review the marked questions.
7. Do not leave any question unanswered even if you are not confident thinking you can come back. Answer the most appropriate option which you feel right
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: Completed PMI-PBA certification on 22nd June

Postby seema.sonkiya Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:59 am

Congratulations Ayyappa, and thanks for sharing insightful exam experience :-)

Return to “PMI-PBA® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”