Project charter related query

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
sabsubs

Project charter related query

Postby sabsubs Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:53 pm

I have come across certain question in other mock exams stating roughly like this "a new PM replaces another PM in a project and the project is half way through and there is no project charter prepared for the project but there is a detailed project management plan. what should the PM do.

And options like a. assume it is too late to prepare a project charter and continue with the project b. establish a project charter when you enter the project.

There are some conflicting answers to this questions, what is the right answer for it? if a PM enters an already running project that doesnt have a project charter then the PM establishes the project charter or continue without the project charter?

Please clarify my doubt.

Thank you very much.
rathodmk

Re: Project charter related query

Postby rathodmk Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:56 pm

Hello Izenbridge team,

I am having the same doubt. Please guide us.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Project charter related query

Postby manishpn Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:18 pm

sabsubs wrote:I have come across certain question in other mock exams stating roughly like this "a new PM replaces another PM in a project and the project is half way through and there is no project charter prepared for the project but there is a detailed project management plan. what should the PM do.

And options like a. assume it is too late to prepare a project charter and continue with the project b. establish a project charter when you enter the project.

There are some conflicting answers to this questions, what is the right answer for it? if a PM enters an already running project that doesnt have a project charter then the PM establishes the project charter or continue without the project charter?

Please clarify my doubt.

Thank you very much.

PM has to establish PC, as that is the foundation of project, links project to business case, authorizes PM and also clearly mentions who is the sponsor for the project in performing organization
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”