Goal achieved - PMP credentials acquired

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
suhasnangnurkar

Goal achieved - PMP credentials acquired

Postby suhasnangnurkar Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:53 am

Hi Everyone,
I am happy :) to inform that my dream came true on 20 Mar when I cleared PMP exam on target.

I must it is not easy journey :roll: & needs a lot of planning, dedication & motivation. I was thinking about PMP certification over last 6 months & had brief discussion with my friend Sumit for his planning & suggestions.
Finally in December I decided to start for the preparation & started planning for it.

Preparation
I wanted to have online videos which can explain a PMBOK easily & in understandable language. With this in mind & with Sumit's recommendation, I opted for Saket's iZenbridge online course.
Also I prepared day wise plan for my study targeting second week of March.
As per plan, I went through the chapter videos. I must say that Saket has explained all the concepts thoroughly in very simple language with concise examples. While watching the videos I prepared my notes.
I made practice that
1. Complete the chapter video
2. Prepare notes for it
3. Read the PMBOK Guide
4. Update the notes

Making your own notes is very important as everyone has its own way to understand & learn and notes will act as a treasure when it comes to last minute revision.
2-3 days after completing the chapter, I attempted respective chapter test. I scored around 73% average for the first attempt.
Once all chapters are completed, I started with second round with same above plan. So effectively I read PMBOK 2 times which was enough for me to understand the concepts.

Mock Tests
After mid Feb, I started attempting free Mocks. These mock exams will not give you exact feeling of the exam but they will help you to decide where you stand in your endeavor towards PMP credentials.
Beware of quality of the mock test & I will suggest to check if you have explanation of the answers before selecting the mock.
Mock test will help you to sit for 4 hours continuously looking at computer screen, concentrating on the question and thinking, analyzing, eliminating wrong options & selecting correct answer. This is very important to test your stamina.

Below is the list of Free Mocks I attempted
1. Simplilearn
2. Edwel
3. Oliver Lehmon 200 Question
4. Oliver Lehmon 100 Question
5. Master Of Project
6. BrainBOK
7. PM Precast
8. MyExamCloud
9. Exam Central
10. Prepare PM
11. Gray Campus
12. Test Udan
13. PMP Exam Premium

I scored average 75% in above exams which boosted my confidence. Also I got access to Chritopher Scordo’s lite mock tests where I scored 83% average where I decided to book my exam on 20 Mar.
Meanwhile after each attempt of mock test mentioned above, I found the gaps while analyzing the answers. You should analyse both correct & wrong answers while analyzing the mock test as it help you in two ways
1. For correct answers, analysis will confirm you that how your thinking was correct
2. For wrong answers, it will help to mark & fill the gap of your understanding for which you need to revisit PMBOK or notes.

Finally you should read PMBOK Glossary as it gives definitions of terms in PMBOK, it is very useful.

The day before exam
No PMBOK reading on this day. I just revised my notes & formulas. I had early dinner & went to sleep early. It is recommended that you should have good sleep before exam day & stay calm & relaxed.
Also to be more relax on exam day, visit the exam center prior 3-4 days to analyse how much time you take to reach there, parking, other formalities etc. This will make your exam day easier & quite.

THE EXAM DAY
I was very much calm with my preparation. The exam question were not too lengthy (3-5 lines). But they were tricky & requires good understanding of PMBOK concepts. You can easily eliminate 2 options & very tough to decide on remaining 2.
I completed my exam in 3 hour 10 min & used remaining time to review marked questions.

My motivations
I would like to thank Saket, Seema & Manish from iZenbridge who helped me for thorough guidance for my doubts, questions.
Through this short but tough journey, there 2 motivators my friend Sumit Nangliya (always forcing to complete the study & follow the plan) & my wife Gouri (always giving positive vibes )
who were always forcing to complete the study & follow the plan.
I specially thank Saket for his contribution in my success with the extraordinary videos which helped me passing the exam in first attempt.

Thanks you all. :) :)
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Goal achieved - PMP credentials acquired

Postby manishpn Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:00 am

Congratulations !!!, enjoy your success

Thanks for choosing Izenbridge and keep in touch
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
snangliya

Postby snangliya Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:08 am

Congrats Suhas..!!!! :)
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:36 pm

Congratulations Suhas !!
jyotimayank
Expert
Expert

Postby jyotimayank Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:04 am

Heartiest Congratulations!!! on your success Suhas..

Thankyou for choosing us for your preparation.
Jyoti Gupta
PMP Mentor & Coach

iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”