CSM Forum Banner

how do you all see this?

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
pank_pmp

how do you all see this?

Postby pank_pmp Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:27 pm

Q. During a meeting with some of the project stakeholders, the project manager is asked to add work to the project scope. The project manager had access to correspondence about the before
the project charter was signed and remembers that the project sponsor specifically denied funding for the scope mentioned by these stakeholders. The BEST thing for the project manager to do is to:

A. Let the sponsor know of the stakeholders' request.
B. Evaluate the impact of adding the scope.
C. Tell the stakeholders the scope cannot be added.
D. Add the work if there is time available in the project schedule.

Edited by Saket : i posted the question here rather than link.
bs_pani

Re: how do you all see this?

Postby bs_pani Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:33 pm

I will go with option 2
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:36 am

I go with C because of this statement
The project manager had access to correspondence about the before the project charter was signed and remembers that the project sponsor specifically denied funding for the scope mentioned by these stakeholders

Else such things will keep coming again and again and what is the value of project charter.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
pank_pmp

Postby pank_pmp Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:19 pm

Hi BS,

I also opted for option B but it turns out that Option C is correct (Rita Practice Question). Since I was curious about what other have to say about it, I literally posted the question on linked group and see how it turned out to be. :)

B or C comes out to be choice for many after thinking in terms of PMI option C seems to be more close.

Pankaj
bs_pani

Postby bs_pani Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:25 pm

Thanks Pankaj,

I was aware of the question when I 1st saw it. But not sure where I saw the question. thanks for pointing it out. It's The 7th questions on Rita Scope Management chapter. I was also incorrect in my 1st attempt :D It also suggest that finding the root cause it a better choice which is not given here.

Btw where you are planning to go for the exam.

Cheers,
Bha ba ni :D
pank_pmp

Postby pank_pmp Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:56 am

Btw where you are planning to go for the exam.

In India, Delhi NCR and precisely speaking at Parametric center, Gurgaon. That's the nearest option I have I guess! :)
bs_pani

Postby bs_pani Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:00 pm

Pankaj,

I mean when instead of where :D I believe a among all the active participant I think you are "all set". Just curious to know so that it will encouragement to later joiner like me :D

Cheers,
Bhabani
pank_pmp

Postby pank_pmp Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:47 pm

On the contrary I believe you are the one who's going to crack earlier then all of us. :D

I am going very steady with my Master level, covering topics KA wise. Trying to cover as much as possible including taking variety of test exam. I may expedite my 3rd or revision part to take my exam somewhere in November. But Most importantly, I am trying to develop endurance of taking 200 questions in 4 hours for exam :) , which is missing due to work habits from past many professional years!

I am also trying not to stretch my preparation, which might kill my enthusiasm for PMP certification. Thanks to forum, participants like you and especially Saket's fortnights Webinars, which works as power boosters for me :) !

Pankaj
bs_pani

Postby bs_pani Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:58 pm

Thanks Pankaj,

For your kind word :) . But I must admit that the question you are putting in the forum is really tricky and I also the same impression on the answer that you have :( .

In fact I have also stared my master level as well. As of now I have finished one round of PMBOK, Rita and Izenbridge Video. I have started my 2nd round of Video from yesterday. My plan is to complete the 2nd round of Video and Rita before going for the practice stage. Also I have enrolled for a CAPM course which is covering the PMBOK and will complete around 10th of Nov. I am planning to read the PMBOK once again after the practice stage and just before exam.

I started my study on 10th of Aug and planning to give myself 4 months before the exam so target would be 14th Dec. But let’s see. My problem is not 200 questions in 4 hours. I read and react very quickly which some time leading to a wrong answer and I have to very very careful about it.

All the best!!!!
umeshbww
Contributor
Contributor

Postby umeshbww Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:41 pm

Option C (because question specifically mention extra scope rejected by sponsor then why bother to checkout impact)
GOAL : PMP Certified by 24th Sept 2014 -- ACCOMPLISHED

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”