Perform Integrated change control : CR and P.M.Plan Update

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
rathodmk

Perform Integrated change control : CR and P.M.Plan Update

Postby rathodmk Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:33 pm

As per PMBOK, Output of Perform Integrated change control is "Approved CR" and "P.M.Plan update".
My confusion is why P.M.Plan update is mentioned as separate output? My thinking is as per below process.
CR>Perform Integrated change control>Approved CR>P.M.Plan update.

SO I believe that Approved Change will itself lead to P.M.Plan update. Then why P.M.Plan update is shown as separate output of Perform Integrated change control process?

Please help me to understand this concept.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Perform Integrated change control : CR and P.M.Plan Update

Postby manishpn Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:35 am

rathodmk wrote:As per PMBOK, Output of Perform Integrated change control is "Approved CR" and "P.M.Plan update".
My confusion is why P.M.Plan update is mentioned as separate output? My thinking is as per below process.
CR>Perform Integrated change control>Approved CR>P.M.Plan update.

SO I believe that Approved Change will itself lead to P.M.Plan update. Then why P.M.Plan update is shown as separate output of Perform Integrated change control process?

First of all an approved CR does not automatically mean that PMP has to be updated
'Approved change requests can require new or revised cost estimates, activity sequences, schedule dates, resource
requirements, and/or analysis of risk response alternatives. These changes can require adjustments to the project
management plan and other project documents. Customer or sponsor approval may be required for certain change
requests after CCB approval, unless they are part of the CCB'
Also PMP is always a configurable item so any change to it has to be explicit and version controlled, so it has to be a separate output with traceabiity on why the changes are made and who approved the changes to PMP

Please help me to understand this concept.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”