Expert Advice required - PMP Exam countdown started

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
kniraj
Participant
Participant

Expert Advice required - PMP Exam countdown started

Postby kniraj Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:50 am

Dear all,
I am scheduled to give the exam in the next 10 days ... any thoughts on what should i focus on most in these 10 days. So far i have gone thru the PMBOK twice and several other stuff on the net.

Gave multiple exams and my score on the IIL Exam Prep and Scorodo is around 80-84% and other sites like PM Study, Free-PM Exam Simulator, Simpli learn etc is around 70-74% on an avg.

Got Rita's book and covered a few topics which i found difficult, haven't finished the entire book yet.

Do share your thoughts and advice ... Thanks.
-----------------
Regards, Niraj
bs_pani

Re: Expert Advice required - PMP Exam countdown started

Postby bs_pani Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:59 am

Dear Niraj,

First of all thanks for your wishes. I could suggest to go for Quality Management and HR, if not at least HR from Rita.

Also try to solve all the 400 questions from Rita. Not sure if you have access to Quampus. If you have access to Quampus then go for full 4 hours exam.

I will suggest to go for at least 4 full 200 questions exam. I realize the importance of full 4 hours exam when I appear my full 4 hours exam just a week before the exam. It will be easy to score 85% if you go for short exam with 30 to 50 question in an hours. But if you try the same type of 200 question then easily your score could drop down to 80% and even less than that coz the performance will definitely decrease in a long run and mix of questions. So if you are scoring around 80% in a long run then you are good for the exam. If you have not gone through a full exam, I could suggest to go for all the 400 Rita questions at a go and try to score around 80%. Scoreing 80% from Rita is a real challange as a full exam. Then try the Scordo lite exam 14 to 18 at a go as the real test is in those chapters. Try to score around 80% for all the 200 question from lite exam 14 to 18. Then if you have quampus access you can go for two more full exam. If your score is around 80% then I think you are good to go.

Please let me know I can provide any other useful information.

Wish you all the very best.

Cheers,
Bhabani
kniraj
Participant
Participant

Postby kniraj Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:49 am

Thanks Bhabani, I have so far taken around 4 full tests - the timed ones with 200 questions (Head First, PM Study, PMP Exam Simulator, Simpli Learn) and they were in the range of 75% on avg. I found quite a few questions on these tests very heavy on ITTO and some questions were totally out of the PMBOK.

Thanks for your suggestions on the Rita chanpters and the Scorod questions.. Will take a shot at these over the weekend :)
-----------------
Regards, Niraj
bs_pani

Postby bs_pani Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Yes Niraj,
Even I attained Oliver Lehmann 175 question in 3.5 hours. It was my first full 4 hours test out of the 4 full length I took and I just scored 71%.. I was little bit upset with my score but again few of the questions were out of PMBOK like burn out ratio (AC / EV). And few other ethics question which is out of context.
So just take Lite Mock 15 to 18 from Scordo as one full length test and scoring 80% is really a good score. Before that you can try Lite Exam 14 as a perp. I believe Lite Mock 14 to 18 are more alleged towards the actual exam even compare to Rita. But Rita 400 question is really a brain teaser. I consider a score of more than 75% for 200 questions at a go from Rita is a good score.

But not worry much about ethics question as I did not even get a single question in the real exam.
There were very few question on ITTO but those where really diff in real exam for me.

Consider reading Quality, HR and Procurement from Rita if you have time. If not at least go for HR from Rita.

All the very best

Cheers,
Bhabani
kniraj
Participant
Participant

Postby kniraj Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:12 am

Dear all, Pleased to inform you all that i cleared my PMP today .. (with 5Ps :) )

Many thanks to Saket and team for hosting such great forum and site thanks to Ranjit, Bhabani, Pankaj and all for the assistance provided

Saket you should seriously consider writing a PMP Prep book ... the articles on the blog are simply amazing :)
-----------------
Regards, Niraj
signor_rk
Contributor
Contributor

Postby signor_rk Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:45 am

hi Niraj,

Great News !!! Congrats to you !!!
& Cheers ....
Regards ,

Ranjit
sachinsinha
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sachinsinha Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:11 pm

Hey Neeraj, heartiest congratulations on becoming PMP, can you please share overall experience and LL
pank_pmp

Postby pank_pmp Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:52 pm

Congrats! Do share the type of questions you have received along with suggestions where we can focus more or any specific advise.

Pankaj
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:19 am

Congratulation !!!..... and good to know that you liked our contents... stay connected.. and do check my blog on PDUs

www.izenbridge.com/blog/how-to-earn-60- ... fications/
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
bs_pani

Postby bs_pani Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:18 am

Congrats Niraj...
dipti5ece
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dipti5ece Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:21 am

Congratulationz !!

Please can you share your detailed LL?
kniraj
Participant
Participant

Postby kniraj Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:23 am

Thanks all for the wishes ...

I was on a break for the last couple of days... Have updated the Lessons Learned on a new thread.
-----------------
Regards, Niraj

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”