CSM Forum Banner

Release team no longer a viable step as part of Close proces

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
shankars

Release team no longer a viable step as part of Close proces

Postby shankars Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:09 pm

Hi
It seems as part of the Close phase/project process, releasing the team after project completion is no longer applicable.

In the real life context or otherwise, when are we releasing the project team resources after project gets completed.

Expert opinion is requested.

Regards
Shankar
signor_rk
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Release team no longer a viable step as part of Close pr

Postby signor_rk Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:55 pm

hi Shankar,

Though I am not an expert , I would like to add something regarding the release of Project Team Members/resources. In Rita's Process Chart we find the release of resources in the Executing Process group itself when the work is completed. But we still need some Project Team members in the Close Project/Phase process at least to complete the Lessons Learned. Thereafter , they are release from the Project. (Reference page #460 PMBOK5 Bullet Point # 4)
Regards ,

Ranjit
coolpmp69
Contributor
Contributor

Postby coolpmp69 Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:01 pm

In my understanding, project resources are released anytime in the project, after their work in completed, accepted by the customer and they have completed any type of the required documentation. Example: In the house construction project, electrician can leave after he completes the wiring work and when his completed work is approved and accepted by the owner/contractor/engineer. Then the plastering guys come into picture for plastering of the house walls.

In closing phase, after the administrative closure if performed, resources are need to complete the LL and other related documentation. Once all the documentation is complete, even these resources are released.
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:55 am

I agree with views shared by @coolpmp69
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”