CSM Forum Banner

Thanks a Million, I cleared PMP Certification Examination

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
Sud
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a Million, I cleared PMP Certification Examination

Postby Sud Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:07 pm

Hello to all,

Now finally time has come for me also to rejoice....I have cleared PMP. More importantly, I was able to do so with proficiency with all your support !

I want to convey my heartfelt thanks to ALL in this forum. I will write a detailed mail with Lessons Learnt later on, Writing this in hurry as I have to leave now.

Thanks again.

Regards,
namita

Re: Thanks a Million, I cleared PMP Certification Examinatio

Postby namita Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:13 pm

Great to hear this... Enjoy your day and do share LL... Stay connected for next journey of PDUs and more certifications :)
signor_rk
Contributor
Contributor

Postby signor_rk Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:12 pm

wow !!! That's great !!! Congrats to you on achieving PMP !!!
Regards ,

Ranjit
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:52 pm

Congratulation !! and hope to see you active in discussions ...
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
taterarpit
Contributor
Contributor

Postby taterarpit Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:29 pm

congratulations ...great news !! would you please share LL? Thanks!!
umeshbww
Contributor
Contributor

Postby umeshbww Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:26 pm

Congrats :D

Waiting on LL..........
GOAL : PMP Certified by 24th Sept 2014 -- ACCOMPLISHED
Sud
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Sud Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:59 pm

Thanks for waiting-in. Below are some of the LLs. Please taste these with a pinch of salt as they may only partly apply to you-

1> Manage Time Properly- If a break is needed, then only avail it. I wasted some of my time as the test centre had strict policies and I was rechecked and asked to sign at multiple places (So one break lengthened to 15 minutes!)
2> Attempt ALL questions in the first go without devoting much time to any question. This will ensure that you will be left with time to re-attempt marked questions
3> At the starting itself some very tough questions may come (As happened in my case). The key is to not to loose confidence and to mark them for review and move forward.
4> DO NOT be very happy on seeing an easy question! READ CAREFULLY and then answer. It may be tricky.
5> One effective way to negate options is to find an opportunity to apply the ITTOs. So ITTOs are VERY IMPORTANT. Be thorough with ITTOs.
6> Always try to tick the MOST APPROPRIATE option. This can make a difference in you being passing/failing
7> PLEASE PLEASE try to visit the centre well before the test. The centre-personnels may not be co-operative as you expect, but do not loose cool.
8> Sometimes uncertainties may occur. In my case it was height of all. On the day when I had scheduled for test, Government later declared a holiday and there was so much of uncertainty around and I even didn't get any confirmation from the centre. Just before the test, I had to do so many activities like visiting them, connecting to the call-center, logging ticket on their website and just waiting for their confirmation which didn't come! And I had so many firmed official plans after test which could have been disturbed due to shifting of date and that amounted to an increase in stress. But finally the test happened on the scheduled date. So the point is, inconveniences may come at the last moment but keep cool. It is just one of the tests for them but it should be the test for you.
9> Do not leave any topic. If possible prepare for all topics. Questions may be blended.
10> Be QUICK and ACCURATE in calculations. Soft-Calculator is accessible during test. So PRACTISE before test. If you are not quick at hand-calculations use calculator directly. During the test, sometimes I found myself calculating by hand, messing-up everything and then shifting to calculator. So be clear and clever to save time.
11> Use the scrap paper as required. You can ask for more also if you exhaust current ones.
12> The software used is very flexible. So you can mark options and mark those questions for review and also can change responses to any question any number of times.
13> Get all your doubts about modus-operandi cleared from the test-centre professionals BEFORE starting the tutorial. As with start of the tutorial your clock starts. I found myself asking questions to them during the tutorial so could not jot down the memory-points fully as I had planned.
14> During preparation, if you feel discouraged due to toughness/volume/time to be devoted, visualize yourself as a PMP and the good results it can bring-on to you. This will help.
15> During preparation, DO NOT hesitate to ask questions any number of times. It is very important to have clear concepts.
16> Be clear on the flow of change/configuration management tasks under varied situations
17> Be clear on the diagrammatic/graphical depiction of concepts and situations. Question may not have test-explanation always. You may be expected to read the graphs properly.
18> During preparation, rather than collecting more material from different sources, select right sources and focus on the specified material to BUILD and MANAGE concepts. I realized this at a very later stage of my preparation and due to some circumstances couldn’t get much time to go through my notes adequately.
19> PRACTISE as many mock test as you can. This is a stress-test also, so you have to be physically as well as psychologically prepared for that battle of 4 hours
20> If possible, match the timings of mock test to those of real test. This will help in setting-up your genetic-clock
21> If during test you start getting a stress, RELAX and think that this is just a test ! ! !

I am sorry that you had to go through so many LLs. But if it helps, it is worth the effort.

--Sudhanshu
signor_rk
Contributor
Contributor

Postby signor_rk Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:20 pm

Thanks Sudhansu for sharing your LL .... it really matters for PMP aspirant like me. Good Luck for your future endeavors.
Regards ,

Ranjit
umeshbww
Contributor
Contributor

Postby umeshbww Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:24 pm

Sudhanshu - Thanks for LL. You mentioned about Soft Calculator (my guess is inbuilt calculator application in Test Exam PC).

Is it something you're handed during start of exam or it is incorporated software in Test Exam PC.
GOAL : PMP Certified by 24th Sept 2014 -- ACCOMPLISHED
Sud
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Sud Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:54 am

Yes Umesh - It is in-built. Test centre may also provide hard one i.e. physical hand-held non-scientific one. So need to confirm from the test centre.

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”