CSM Forum Banner

Control Procurement

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
taterarpit
Contributor
Contributor

Control Procurement

Postby taterarpit Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:46 pm

Could someone please help me understand the difference between "Procurement Performance Review " and " Inspection and Audits" . These both are tools and techniques used in control procurement and seems very much similar. I am not able to make out much of a difference. Any explanation would be highly appreciated. Thanks!!

Regards
Arpit Tater
namita

Re: Control Procurement

Postby namita Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:27 am

Let me attempt to clear it...

The main difference is Procurement Performance Review is about accessing/verifying the processes seller is following to make sure the parameters defined in contract is going to be met However inspection & audits are about accessing/verifying the Product and ensure whether product is meeting requirement and standards as defined in contract FOR PRODUCT
M L Dahima
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Control Procurement

Postby M L Dahima Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:41 am

I would like to add to Namita's comments as follows:
Procurement process performance not only covers the process Seller is following but all activities necessary for reaching upto Seller stage like-
1.making specification of the requirement(product)- that will be part of the contract
2.then inviting offers/bids as per company policy- as per our company(for example) minimum three offers required
3. evaluating the offers
4. negotiation with Sellers on their capabilities,various terms & conditions etc.
5. finally placement of Purchase Order(Contract) to sellected Seller
all these activities are considered part of procurement process.
During Procurement Audit process, Auditor verifies whether all these procedures are followed appropriately .
Once the Seller activity starts and product is ready at his end, he sends a request for inspection of the product.During inspection, this is checked that product has all agreed features/parameters as per contract.Once inspection is over,Seller dispatches the product to Buyer.
Thus starting from making specification to getting product at site - all the process are covered in procurement process.We have to keep checking regularly performance of the whole process.
I think I am clear and to the point. ;) :)

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”