CSM Forum Banner

Communications Management Plan

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
taterarpit
Contributor
Contributor

Communications Management Plan

Postby taterarpit Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:22 pm

As a project manager, you have assigned communication distribution task to your team lead Ray as you are preparing him for the better roles now. You have told him to send project’s weekly status report to all stakeholders via email after reviewing the reports. What kind of communication delivery model you are suggesting to Ray for information distribution?

a.Interactive communication

b.Pull Communication

c.Push Communication

d.Paralingual communications

In this question what is confusing to me is that question is asking about " Communication Model " and options given are Communications Methods and that paralingual seems to be a distractor. is this just a typo or there is something else in the question which i am not able to understand? Thanks!!
namita

Re: Communications Management Plan

Postby namita Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:49 am

You are right but no part of question is routing to actual communication method elements so evidently its about methods.

Para-lingual is one important element of communication studies due to a very fact that as per studies 38% of the communication is para lingual in nature on place of only 7% in words. This is not explained in detail as far as PMP is concerned but under technical communication Non-verbal and Para-lingual are 2 very important zones of communication.

Para-lingual in options is purposely given to distract. however as you can relate that question is relating to communication methods, I suppose you can easily reach to the right answer
taterarpit
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Communications Management Plan

Postby taterarpit Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:53 pm

Thanks Namita

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”