Cleared PMP in 1st Attempt with Above Target in all Domains

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
alokebhatt

Cleared PMP in 1st Attempt with Above Target in all Domains

Postby alokebhatt Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:21 pm

Dear all,
I would like to share the news that today (5th March) I have cleared PMP in my first attempt with above target in all domains (and thus an overall Above Target).
Though I started the Preparation in Nov 2017 initially by attending live online sessions from another portal(simplilearn), I was still missing out on many questions in mock so was a bit worried and based on the reviews and the sample youtube videos I registered for the Izenbridge online course in Dec 2017.

Saket sir's videos are really amazing. The main advantage of the video is that it follows PMBOK exactly in sequence and it is probably the best commentary of PMBOK you would find anywhere in the world today!

After the first round of listening to the videos in 2nd round I watched the videos in my tablet while keeping that section of PMBOK open (I bought a hard copy of PMBOK) and while watching the video I used to highlight the important sections in PMBOK. and since Saket sir talks without referring to any slides , it automatically helps you in remembering the content much better than PPT based presentation.

And Saket sir's suggestion to refer to HR, Risk, Procurement from Rita and solving end of chapter Q in Rita was good. I finally decided to read full Rita one round (I had time for only one round) and solved all end of Chapter questions.

I also read Head First one round . It helped in remembering certain concepts. Also practiced a few chapters of Scordo (didn't get time for all 18 chapters)

Coming to Exam, due to PMI restrictions it may not be good to share too much details, but here is the summary:
1. Questions are mostly situational. Max 3-4 lines. No lengthy question
2. Good no of questions on Project charter and stakeholder management (I guess to cover up the quota of initiating PG)
3. Lots and Lots of questions(many are very tricky) on Change management, CCB etc. Read Rita very carefully here.
4. I got Good amount of Q on seven basic quality tools with various types of twists in question.
5. Risk response strategy- quite a few questions on risk
4. Numericals on Time and Cost management were very simple. Time management : only network diagram(critical path calculation). No Forward and Backward pass required. Cost- mostly on CPI and SPI but a few questions on ETC, BAC, EAC, TCPI etc were there so better to remember all formulae. Believe me, with lots situational questions marked for review, those math based questions were my only confidence level that I would get some marks! There were a few graph based CPI/SPI questions but were very simple.
5. On ITTOs, only one or two Questions on Input/Output but quite a few on Tools and techniques so at least study the T&T! However, the questions were situational questions which need understanding of T&T, not direct questions.
6. I finished first round at around 3 hours with almost 65 questions marked for review and I finished review exactly at 4 hour. Finally after submitting the feedback of Prometric Assessment I was happy and surprised to see Above Target in all domains!!
7. Nothing is allowed inside the test centre, including water, pencil, handkerchief etc. If you go out for break, full security check will be done which would take about 5 mins again(the security check is even more strict than airport security check!). They would provide locker key. Luckily Jacket is allowed since the test centre was really cold.

Apart from the hardcopy books I had quite a few kindle books and the most useful book was PMP Question bank by Mohammad Usmani (https://www.amazon.in/PMP-Question-Bank ... B00F71IMQ6) . Just 400 questions but really good questions for practice.

Scordo questions are also closer to real exam so I think if you solve all Scordo question it would give good practice(don't worry about 2013 vs 2016 version. 2013 is sufficient).

Thanks to Izenbridge and Saket sir for creating such an wonderful learning content. Hoping to get associated with izenbridge for more certifications in future.

Out of the izenbridge forum members/fellow PMPians, I would like to mention Ajay for multiple discussions over whatsapp and also his tips.

Thanks and regards,
Aloke
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Cleared PMP in 1st Attempt with Above Target in all Domains

Postby manishpn Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:49 pm

congratulations and thanks for choosingizenbridge
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
ajaynit
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ajaynit Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:18 am

Congratulations Aloke on what you have accomplished! Everything you want also wants you :-)
Time for celebrations :-)
alokebhatt

Postby alokebhatt Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:28 pm

manishpn wrote:congratulations and thanks for choosingizenbridge

Thanks a lot, Manish sir. Thanks for the very useful doubt clarification sessions on Saturdays.
alokebhatt

Postby alokebhatt Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:29 pm

ajaynit wrote:Congratulations Aloke on what you have accomplished! Everything you want also wants you :-)
Time for celebrations :-)

Thanks Ajay. Thanks for all the discussions we had in the forum and over whatsapp.

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”