Study Plan and material for PMP exam

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
Parevi88007

Study Plan and material for PMP exam

Postby Parevi88007 Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:03 am

Hello,

I want some advice on how to read and prepare for the exam. I have Saket Sir's videos, PMBOK 6th edition and Rita's 9th edition books. So I dont think I need anything else but I am not getting a flow on how to begin. I have started watching Saket Sir's videos and can see that they are in order and in flow with the PMBOK. But then, Rita's book is completely different and so reading the topics from both sources is confusing.

Should I be going through the videos and PMBOK at the same time and then read Rita's book separately? All PMP certified members and even people who are currently preparing for the exam, please advice. I am a fulltime working mom with a 6 year old but can manage time :) Just want some input on how to start reading with these 3 resources.

Thanks.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Study Plan and material for PMP exam

Postby manishpn Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:36 pm

Parevi88007 wrote:Hello,

I want some advice on how to read and prepare for the exam. I have Saket Sir's videos, PMBOK 6th edition and Rita's 9th edition books. So I dont think I need anything else but I am not getting a flow on how to begin. I have started watching Saket Sir's videos and can see that they are in order and in flow with the PMBOK. But then, Rita's book is completely different and so reading the topics from both sources is confusing.
Ritas book is also structured Knowledge area wise and chapters are alligned with PMBOK, rita provides a more story tellling practical approach and I think Sakets video , Rita and PMBOK they are good compliment to each other.
You dont need to follow chapter sequences as mentioned in PMBOK, you can mix match and take some KA before others

Should I be going through the videos and PMBOK at the same time and then read Rita's book separately? All PMP certified members and even people who are currently preparing for the exam, please advice.
MY take would be VIdeo followed by Rita followed by PMBOK
I am a fulltime working mom with a 6 year old but can manage time :) Just want some input on how to start reading with these 3 resources.
ALl of us have additional responsibilities, what matter is how much IDEAL time can you allocate for your studies, 12-14hours a week should be good

Thanks.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”