Oh wow -Such a Relaxing Feeling !!!!!

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
suresi00
Contributor
Contributor

Oh wow -Such a Relaxing Feeling !!!!!

Postby suresi00 Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Hello all,

So happy to inform you all that I passed the exam yesterday with all knowledge areas above target.

Here are my some points which will help you in your endeavor.

When did you book the exam ?[/color] August 2017 ( no audit easy approval)
When did you start studying for the exam ? Oct 17 2017 { didn't go in a stretch / effective until Nov 17th when I found my Jackpot :Izenbridge)
When did the effective studying kicked in how many hrs you studied ? ( Nov 20th 2017, 12hrs a day started 4.00 am in the morning ended at 8.00 PM( with house work some office tasks, except weekends when my family was around it was not that effective)
How did you study? As if I am preparing for board exam .
How many times you read RITA ? one time barely , I am not a big fan of that book. Used it mainly for HR, communication. Did all chapter end questions.
How many times you read PMBOK ? one time cover to cover, ( I am a great fan of PMBOK). Read some chapters and sections again and again when concepts were not clear.
Did you read any other books? NO
Did you watch Skaet Sir's video ? yes at least two times some videos I don't even know how many ? I am a great fan of his videos. His para lingual and non verbal made sure message is transferred to me. I don't know whether I watched all his hangout. I became a great fan and was seeing it while cooking , running in treadmill or hearing while driving. He became a member of my family, as his lectures were going on everywhere.
Did you use forum? You know the answer:-) I was literally waiting for my presents , answers to my questions from Manish sir. I didn't get the time to explore all contents of the forum. But when I find a question I post it in google with a tag to Izenbridge, if somebody asked already it will populate there or else I will post it.
What all practice test you took? Izenbrdige all I can, average 85-90% mostly in that bar of the histogram with one or two in 90-100. Scordo average in 85%, Andy 85%, Simplilean 84.5% , some free mocks as prescribed in forum "https://edward-designer.com/web/pmp/", Sean Whitetaker ( book is freely available to download) .
Did you have a study partner? Yes I do. My partner was Kushal. We met through a webnair. You need a study partner who is as serious as you are and has an exam date near to your exam date. { Interaction with him made me think about several concepts in different level}
Did you use any other material? Yes I do , http://pmzilla.com/comprehensive-pmp-notes, ITTO excel sheet from Izenbridge (my favorite during the last days of exam) and some other notes.
what did you do on the day before exam ? I watched Perform Integrated Change control video from Saket and closing project video . Other than that I went over all ITTO's.
How was your exam day ? Super stressed , but Kushal gave me confidence. I told myself, if one can do why can't I do it ?

How was the exam location and adjusting to environment ? Reached 1 hr early they asked am I ready , I said why not. Whole security checking done and proceeded to the booth. They instructed me not to write anything on the pink sheet ( in between the paper they gave are pink in color) exam starts. I did breathing yoga for 15 minutes while watching the tutorial.
Describe the moments? Here comes the first question , all I remember is .58 seconds left to finish. I was so immersed in exam didn't felt like 4 hrs passed by. Finished the exam in 3 hrs. Went over marked and some other questions for an hr.

Like project closure at 4.02 (hrs) I celebrated the victory

Tips for fellow aspirants

1. It doesn't matter how many times u read book, what matters is did you understand why for Identify risk we use activity cost as an input ? Think in that way. Then all will be so easy. Ask yourself why do I do networking for Human resource management plan. How does having coffee help manager in networking. I found examples to help me understand the concept.
2. It do matters how many sample questions ( good quality) you can do before exam. This really helps.
3. Knowing ITTO to 75% matters at least in my case
4. Read question carefully, you can get your answers from the question itself. read it and try to map to an ITTO, here you go bingo ( for 75%and more)
5. Think big act wise ( for example procurement can lead to risk which can lead to a communication issue etc.)
6. Several questions were or has options as risk reassessment and risk audit
7. There were questions which ask about some scenarios and in the end what is the i/p for this process. crazy right?
8. I have more than 10 mathematical questions ( not on PTA) but if u do Izenbridge math questions you can do anything
9.Ensure you master change control process
10. Understand the use of all tools in QM,

If you are sincere and with Izenbridge you all will pass. Izenbridge rocks. I am going to recommend Izenbridge to all .
Special thanks to Seema for the support and Manish sir for being there with me virtually and patiently answering all my questions .
And finally to all my Izenbridge classmates.

Thanks so much !!!!!

{ Read with caution there may be grammatical and spelling mistake, compiling it during my office break :-(} Wanted to do it before I forget .....
Prembalaji
Participant
Participant

Re: Oh wow -Such a Relaxing Feeling !!!!!

Postby Prembalaji Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:59 am

Great work ..... and Mighty congrats

Many Thanks for your detailed insight , Enjoy your victory
Cheers,
PJ
Prembalaji
Participant
Participant

Postby Prembalaji Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:27 am

By the way, how would you compare the Quality of Questions on the REAL exam ,
Which of the Mock exam would you say is comparable to the REAL exam
Cheers,
PJ
kushalks87
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kushalks87 Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:03 am

Prembalaji wrote:By the way, how would you compare the Quality of Questions on the REAL exam ,
Which of the Mock exam would you say is comparable to the REAL exam

For me it was a mix of mock 3,4 and dynamic mock 5. I did not find any question "alien". Always had a feeling that i have seen such questions in izenbridge mock and scordo

Earlier test takers told us that the questions were very lenghty and the actual exam was quite difficult than the izenbridge mocks however i think izenbridge mocks are on the same level and sometimes felt our mocks were difficult than the real exam
kushalks87
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kushalks87 Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:06 am

Congrats Sindhu. I had more confidence in you than you had in yourself seeing your scores and you clarity of concepts.

I would have never understood HR KA unless you would have taught me with your real life examples. Can't thank you enough for your help and support.

Lets be in touch to collect PDU's
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:19 am

Congratulations Sindhu!! Thanks for sharing your insightful exam success story, I am sure it will help other participants.
suresi00
Contributor
Contributor

Postby suresi00 Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:52 pm

As kushal said I didn't see nay paragraph questions. But I do have some tricky math questions.
Dynamic mock of Izenbridge is the best. Mock 3 was more on glossary , I didn't get much of that . Exam is different for each one.
I luv math so was happy when I saw all math questions.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:31 am

congratulations and hope PMP credentials helps your case

thanks for choosing izenbridge
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
rahul.kanugo
Participant
Participant

Postby rahul.kanugo Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:50 pm

congratultion bro
abcsachin
Beginner
Beginner

Postby abcsachin Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:21 am

Congratulations. Enjoy your accomplishments.

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”