One day bangalore & kolkata

why not scope baseline

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
ajaynit
Contributor
Contributor

why not scope baseline

Postby ajaynit Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:46 am

can someone please clarify this. many thanks..

in schedule/time management whenever its talked about assumption/constraint or dependency then its referenced to project scope statement but never to scope baseline...

like sequence activity process has got input mentioned as project scope statement? instead shouldn't it be scope baseline?if not why cant it be scope baseline?
suresi00
Contributor
Contributor

Re: why not scope baseline

Postby suresi00 Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 pm

We use scope statement for ensuring about the assumptions and constraints ( double checking). We are not worried about wbs and wbs dictionary now as those are captured by our Activities.

This is how I remembered.

I am asking my team members to do the estimation of activity duration , I will give them the activities and in order to cross check i will give them scope statement so they know what is included not included also what are the assumptions and constraints. I don't have to burden them with scope baseline ( think about having 10 people to go through all these documents just to get the assumptions and constraints verification ( this is my way of remembering ).

So what is optimal for a person to do their work of estimating in less time that is what we have to give. if you provide scope baseline also it will work as scope statement is included in scope baseline. Hope this helps.
ajaynit
Contributor
Contributor

Re: why not scope baseline

Postby ajaynit Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:38 am

perfect, thank you so much sures... the very first paragraph of yours made it crystal clear...

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”