Schedule variance

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
suresi00
Contributor
Contributor

Schedule variance

Postby suresi00 Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:34 pm

After measuring your project performance you note that your schedule variance is $75,000. What would your BEST course of action be?
A: You don’t need to fast track the schedule as a positive schedule variance means you are ahead of time.
B: You don’t need to crash the schedule as a positive schedule variance means you are ahead of time
. C: A positive schedule variance means you are achieving ahead of your baseline, so feel free to congratulate your team. Remember that you must always be delivering to the agreed documentation including the relevant baseline documents. As such you will need to take the information that informed you of your positive schedule variance and after properly considering it through your change control process update your baseline documents.
D: You are doing well but you must process the variance through your agreed change control process.

I feel we cannot do anything here as we have no information on CV. What do you think Manish sir?
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Schedule variance

Postby manishpn Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:26 pm

suresi00 wrote:After measuring your project performance you note that your schedule variance is $75,000. What would your BEST course of action be?
A: You don’t need to fast track the schedule as a positive schedule variance means you are ahead of time.
B: You don’t need to crash the schedule as a positive schedule variance means you are ahead of time
. C: A positive schedule variance means you are achieving ahead of your baseline, so feel free to congratulate your team. Remember that you must always be delivering to the agreed documentation including the relevant baseline documents. As such you will need to take the information that informed you of your positive schedule variance and after properly considering it through your change control process update your baseline documents.
D: You are doing well but you must process the variance through your agreed change control process.

I feel we cannot do anything here as we have no information on CV. What do you think Manish sir?
Yes CV information is not provided, but you have to choose the best from given option, will wait for what you option you choose

Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
suresi00
Contributor
Contributor

Postby suresi00 Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:56 pm

Answer is C. First I didn't wrote that one. Then I started thinking any deviation from the baseline needs to be investigated if it is good or bad.

But sir I would like to hear view points.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:17 pm

yes i would agree with option #C
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”