some topics of Rita mulcahy cant be found in PMBOK or in iZENBridge training

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
ajaynit
Contributor
Contributor

some topics of Rita mulcahy cant be found in PMBOK or in iZENBridge training

Postby ajaynit Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:32 am

Hi,

some topics of Rita mulcahy cant be found in PMBOK or in iZENBridge training. i m wondering if those topics of Rita are relevant for PMP exam purpose?

some example of such topics are:

sunk cost
law of diminishing returns
working capital
depreciation

all these are listen in Page 123 of Rita.

Please advise
kushalks87
Contributor
Contributor

Re: some topics of Rita mulcahy cant be found in PMBOK or in iZENBridge training

Postby kushalks87 Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:37 am

It's good to know them. You never know what they can ask.

For example Pmbok hasn't covered any motivational theory in detail however in my actual exam yesterday they did ask me a question on theory X. So I would recco reading Rita's extra topics too
ajaynit
Contributor
Contributor

Re: some topics of Rita mulcahy cant be found in PMBOK or in iZENBridge training

Postby ajaynit Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:13 am

Thanks for responding Kush,
Some questions if you can help me with:
--how did it go (PMP exam) for you?
--are the difficulty level of question somewhere near iZenBridge assesment tests? or less/more difficult?i am scoring 80-85 % in iZenbridge knowledge area wise assesments.. should i be happy about it or the qestions r going to be much more difficult?
--once i pay the examination fees and try scheduling the exam at prometric centre then how soon can i get a slot if u have any idea (may be tell about your case)

COming back to question:

what do you mean by theory X? it is something from HR management process areas? YES theory and NO theory People?
kushalks87
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kushalks87 Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:48 am

ajaynit wrote:Thanks for responding Kush,
Some questions if you can help me with:
--how did it go (PMP exam) for you? I passed
--are the difficulty level of question somewhere near iZenBridge assesment tests? or less/more difficult?i am scoring 80-85 % in iZenbridge knowledge area wise assesments.. should i be happy about it or the qestions r going to be much more difficult? you need to give full length mocks to understand where you stand. contrary to the earlier testtakers i found izenbridge mocks of the same level sometime izenbridge mock was more difficult
--once i pay the examination fees and try scheduling the exam at prometric centre then how soon can i get a slot if u have any idea (may be tell about your case)The moment you pay fees they send you eligibility id which you need to use to schedule your exam. you can contact Jyoti/ Seema madam for further help. with exam changing in march i think it is going to be tough get a slot.I booked my exam on 1st nov and got a slot of yesterday

COming back to question:

what do you mean by theory X? it is something from HR management process areas? YES theory and NO theory People?
yes Mcgregor theory x and Y from HR.
ajaynit
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ajaynit Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:04 am

Congratulations for your success and thanks for your responses.. i was thinking to submit my application today and hoping to get slot somewhere during end of December or first week of January (Not a good planner huh!) thinking that will be down time everywhere
anyways i will submit it today and i am hoping (high hopes i know) to get a slot at least within a month .
kushalks87
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kushalks87 Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:36 am

Jan feb is fine i think march would be a rush. I booked the exam on Nov 1 and the entire november was booked and had to choose mid dec. Also they dont conduct exams on weekends(atleast in Mumbai) adding lot of constraints to a test taker
ajaynit
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ajaynit Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:21 pm

Thanks Kush...

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”