CSM Forum Banner

Passed PMI-PBA exam on first attempt

PMI-PBA® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
Shilpinema2407

Passed PMI-PBA exam on first attempt

Postby Shilpinema2407 Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:01 am

Today I passed the PMI PBA exam on the first attempt. Yayyyyy!!!

Thank you Izenbridge for the well consolidated course!!

It took me 2.5 month of serious studies to clear the exam. I started watching the videos, read related topics from the Practice Guide and created my own notes during this time.

Lessons Learnt:
1. The izenbridge videos and PMI-PBA Certification guide are more than SUFFICIENT to learn the concepts and get through the exam. I went through the guide and videos twice for better understanding.
2. Domain assessment tests are VERY IMPORTANT while preparing for the exam. When I started with the domain assessment, my scores ranged from 29 to 45 but going through the explanation of the questions helped to build my concepts. The questions in the exam were situational and not exactly same as izenbridge assessments but practicing them a number of times helped me work on my speed. Few days before the exam, I was scoring in 40s in the domain assessment tests.
3. Taking the full length tests are also important as they test on all domains together and helps practice sitting for four hours of the exam. Maintaining the focus for four hours was little challenging for me. I took the full length tests two weeks before the exam and scored 158 and 151 respectively. Analyzing these tests is equally important.
4. The izenbridge forum worked for me as an excellent source for last minute revision.

Exam:
It took me 3 hours and 35 min (with no breaks) to finish the exam. My goal was to complete 50 questions in one hour. Last 50 questions were 1 line questions (most of them) which helped me to finish the exam early and review marked questions. Most of the questions are situational. The izenbridge tests helps to build the concepts which helped me in answering the questions.

During the exam I felt I was doing a decent job and when the monitor pops up with "Congratulations!!" on the screen, it made me jump out of happiness.

Final Result:
I was in the "Above Target " zone.
Domain wise: Above Target in NA, Planning, RTM and Solution Evaluation. On Target in Analysis.

Thanks again Seema and Saket !!

I hope my lessons learned will help future test takers.
For any other question, please add me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shilpinema/
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: Passed PMI-PBA exam on first attempt

Postby seema.sonkiya Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:04 pm

Congratulations Shilpi and thanks for sharing your exam lesson learned.
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:22 pm

Here is video chat with Shilpi:

spirit1981

Postby spirit1981 Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:35 am

Congrats Shilpi, open-hearted and friendly girl. :)

Return to “PMI-PBA® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”