CSM Forum Banner

Whats the correct answer?

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
nirajsys@gmail.com
Participant
Participant

Whats the correct answer?

Postby nirajsys@gmail.com Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:27 pm

You are given charge of a new project by your senior managment.what is the best thing to do?
1.start planning
2.develop project charter
3.identify stakeholders
4.conduct kick off meeting

I am confused between option 2&3.

Pls advise.
kushalks87
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Whats the correct answer?

Postby kushalks87 Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:50 pm

it has to be the project charter. Project cannot begin without the charter as it gives authority to the PM to apply organizational resources.
komal
Participant
Participant

Postby komal Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:11 pm

1.start planning - Project charter developed and PM authorize now PM can start planning. - Right Answer
2.develop project charter - As we know project charter authrize the project manager, in this case project manager is already assigned and conclusion is project charter is already developed. Not correct answer
3.identify stakeholders - if project charter is already developed, list of stakeholders already are included in that. Not correct answer
4.conduct kick off meeting - Sign off is already done by sponsor on project charter Not correct answer

Manish/Saket

Please suggest
rahul.kanugo
Beginner
Beginner

Postby rahul.kanugo Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:15 am

I think identify stakeholder is correct answer.

Because once project charter is developed and Project manager is asked to do the project , in initiating phase he will identify key stakeholders firstly.

Though few stakeholders were also mentioned in project charter but it will be at High level.

Seeking correct details from Experts
aluriapa

Postby aluriapa Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:56 am

I think develop project charter.

The process of developing a document that formally authorizes the existence of a project and provides the project manager with the authority to apply organizational
resources to project activities.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:06 pm

nirajsys@gmail.com wrote:The question has little information to confidently point at an option, however my inclination is towards option #3
You are given charge of a new project by your senior managment.what is the best thing to do?
1.start planning - Before you start planning you need to know who are the critical stakeholders who should be involved in planning for getting inputs
2.develop project charter - I assume its already developed as the PM Is officially assigned to project by Senior management
3.identify stakeholders -
4.conduct kick off meeting - This is essential however even for this meeting you should have a list of all stakeholders

I am confused between option 2&3.

Pls advise.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nazrulq Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:32 am

I think Project Charter has already developed.High-level information is listed in Project Charter!
According to my opinion, it is early to develop planning. Stakeholders Identification in detail level is required.
Bit Confused, this identification of stakeholder in detail and develop project management plan can be done concurrently. The Question should have enough information or clue to find out right choice!
Hence Identification of Stakeholder is required at this moment.

Can Manish Justify please!
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:42 pm

I provided my answer above it should be option #3
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
puja.pajan1984

Postby puja.pajan1984 Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:50 pm

I would also go with Option 3 as best answer to this question. Develop project charter is not part of PMs role. PM can assist in developing it but its responsibility of sponsor/ PMO or entity authorizing the project. Since PM has been assigned, it is safe to assume, charter is already developed.

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”