Acceptance Test

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMI-ACP® clients
bs_pani

Acceptance Test

Postby bs_pani Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:20 pm

Who write the acceptance test, customer or development team?
sarawat
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Acceptance Test

Postby sarawat Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:19 am

acceptance criterias are given by product owner or customer for each user stories and development team has to ensure their delivery must satisfies those criterias.

Thanks n Regards,
Sanjay Singh Rawat
bs_pani

Postby bs_pani Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:46 am

I completely second you Sanjay. But the core question is who write it. As per my understanding customer write it. The same team write the defiant ion of done after having discussion with customer. But I read the opposite some where,
sarawat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sarawat Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:57 am

yes, this is correct .
As per my understanding customer write it. The same team write the defiant ion of done after having discussion with customer.

Thanks n Regards,
Sanjay Singh Rawat
brijesh.shah
Participant
Participant

Postby brijesh.shah Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:18 am

As per my understanding, PO defines the acceptance criteria and developer writes the acceptance test . Please confirm.
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:42 am

For the user story, the acceptance criteria are the PO’s vision and therefore are the PO’s responsibility. The acceptance criteria forms the user story's technical requirements and describe the expected functionality. They are the “what” of the user story. The Product Owners owns the Product Backlog and stories inside it.

PO can take help in writing user stories as individual & interaction support in maximum contribution from all the team members. But the final call is taken by the PO. So who writes it? - for the answer the PO is the answer, however, we cannot ignore the collaboration.

Return to “PMI-ACP® Queries and Tips”