Oliver 75 - 25th Question

jyotimayank
Expert
Expert

Oliver 75 - 25th Question

Postby jyotimayank Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:53 am

25. You are performing a project management audit in your company and find that most of the project plans are neither consistent nor up-to-date.
Which of the following statements is not true?

A. Projects should never be executed without a valid, updated and working project management plan.
B. The consistency of the project management plan is secondary because it is only the results that matter.
C. A great deal of effort is required to develop and update a project plan, but the benefits include less pressure on all stakeholders and a resulting product that will satisfy the requirements.
D. Poor planning and insufficient updating of project management plans are common reasons for cost and time overruns.
Jyoti Gupta
PMP Mentor & Coach

iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd
jyotimayank
Expert
Expert

Re: Oliver 75 - 25th Question

Postby jyotimayank Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:04 pm

You are performing a project management audit in your company and find that most of the project plans are neither consistent nor up-to-date.
Which of the following statements is not true?

The key of this question is which statement is not true

The correct answer is B.
As per PMI guidelines DOCUMENTATION is very important, much more important than the final ouput.Even the documentation of failed/terminated project is done and archived for future us.

Refer to Page 56,57 and 72-74 0f PMBOK® Guide 5th Edition

For more insight of this topic refer to the following blog

http://www.izenbridge.com/videogallery/ ... esson-3-2/

http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/develop- ... -planning/
Jyoti Gupta
PMP Mentor & Coach

iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd
ihuseynli
Beginner
Beginner

Postby ihuseynli Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi, I recently passed Lehmann test and in question word 'not true' was changed to 'true'.

Projects should never be executed without a valid, updated and working project management plan.
The consistency of the various plans is secondary because it is only the results that matter.
The alternatives to systematic planning are reactive management, crisis management, conflict management, and fire fighting..
Poor planning and insufficient updating of project management plans are rather uncommon as reasons for cost and time overruns.

I choosed 'A', but it is shown wrong, correct answer is 'C'. Please help to clarify
Br,
Ismayil Huseynli, ITIL®, OCE®, OCA®
Baku, Azerbaijan
www.linkedin.com/in/ismayilhuseynli
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:26 pm

ihuseynli wrote:Hi, I recently passed Lehmann test and in question word 'not true' was changed to 'true'.

Projects should never be executed without a valid, updated and working project management plan.
The consistency of the various plans is secondary because it is only the results that matter.
The alternatives to systematic planning are reactive management, crisis management, conflict management, and fire fighting..
Poor planning and insufficient updating of project management plans are rather uncommon as reasons for cost and time overruns.

I choosed 'A', but it is shown wrong, correct answer is 'C'. Please help to clarify

I am not really sure about the whole quality of this question.
if it has been changed and we have to pick the option that is true I would most likely go with option A.

however remember that many of these options are based on some historical data, and PMP does not have such types of questions,
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “Oliver 75 PMP Questions”