High Performance Teams

Discuss PMI-ACP® doubts, tips and lesson learned. Be agile with iZenBridge
Chetana

High Performance Teams

Postby Chetana Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:27 pm

I have a question about 'High Performance Teams'. Could you please help to clarify which among the 2 options below best describes HPTs?

1. They increase business value through extensive collaboration and avoidance of conflict.
2. They are self-organizing, empowered to make decisions, consensus-driven, with constructive disagreement.
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Re: High Performance Teams

Postby nazrulq Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:12 pm

I think option 1 is the closer one. First time I have seen such a type of question!

Thanks.
Chetana

Postby Chetana Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:07 am

Thank you for your response! Even I was of the same opinion.
But, Option 2 was the right answer.
I want to understand how to pick the answer when we have such close options.
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:02 am

Option two is correct:

The high-performance team can't avoid conflicts; in fact, If conflicts are there, they are many alternatives to solve a problem. A high-performance team appreciate conflicts and discuss by sharing facts and then agrees about what has to be done. It is called constructive disagreement.

HPT can deliver business value only when they are self-organizing, empowered to make decisions, and are using constructive disagreement to come to the consensus. If there is no conflict, it means the only couple of people are making decisions and others are just following. In this case, it is power game, not a contribution game and team contribution is very less, which is not good for a team.

Return to “PMI-ACP® Open Forum”