welcome change in Agile and fixed price project

Discuss PMI-ACP® doubts, tips and lesson learned. Be agile with iZenBridge
hi2shrads
Contributor
Contributor

welcome change in Agile and fixed price project

Postby hi2shrads Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:31 pm

Team,

I have a real case where in customer signed up with us for a project for X amount outlining high level of scope of work to make an application ready. I conducted weekly sprint cycle and delivered different modules now in end to end demo we come up with more changes which are Change Request as per PMP but I am trying to practice Agile so how do you I manage these change without having loss to my company to implement this proeject
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: welcome change in Agile and fixed price project

Postby seema.sonkiya Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:53 am

The actions will depend on the level of understanding you have with the customer. You need to engage client to get an understanding of initial product scope agreed. Things which are evolved and looks entirely outside of decided scope require a negotiation with the customer.

The Agile way of doing is that we accept that estimations are meant to be incorrect as we have the limitation of knowing things in advance. If the budget is fixed, the time is fixed, and if a promised is made to deliver all the functionalities? This is called "iron triangle," no variables, only solid-framed limitations... Get prepared to negotiate! It is what agile tries to change!

The detailing of Product Backlog depends on the level of trust in general. Creating an exhaustive, fully detailed backlog is not helping much but may be required. Do note this decision has to be taken outside of Scrum and may need based on the level of trust you have with the client.
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: welcome change in Agile and fixed price project

Postby seema.sonkiya Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:01 am

I hope following blog will also help you: https://www.pmi.org/learning/library/fi ... jects-6231

Return to “PMI-ACP® Open Forum”