HR Management

Discuss PMI-ACP® doubts, tips and lesson learned. Be agile with iZenBridge
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

HR Management

Postby nazrulq Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Question

You are managing a software development project. Your project has been assigned with few inexperienced which are not able to perform their work as per the plan. You don’t have so much time available to recommend formal training for these team members, as it will delay the project. What can be done to handle the situation?

1. Escalate to senior management

2. Arrange on job training

3. Get the team members replaced

4. Change the schedule to accommodate inexperience team members

Correct Answer is 2 but my Answer is 3 as PM can add or released Team members at any time due to incompetency. Furthermore, nothing mentioned about Functional Manager or Matrix Organization.

Can You Please explain.
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: HR Management

Postby seema.sonkiya Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:02 am

What is the source of the question. I advise if the question is not from the iZenBridge database, mention the source of the question.

Replacing team members never could be the ideal solution. From the available options 2 is the best one. There are always a mix of experience in a team and we strive learning from each other.

"Arrange on job training" - I agree language of this option needs to be refine. If we create an environment where inexperienced people learn from experienced team members, it can be viewed as on job training.

Return to “PMI-ACP® Open Forum”