Scrum-Master-Forum

Clarification on a question from practice test

Discuss PMI-ACP® doubts, tips and lesson learned. Be agile with iZenBridge
ssampath

Clarification on a question from practice test

Postby ssampath Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:58 am

My answer to the following question was Release Planning but the correct answer seems Shorter Sprints. I can understand why this seems to be the best answer from the explanation below. However, I think I disagree because even if we have shorter sprints but if it is not released to the customer quickly then it doesn't matter if we have short or longer sprints. So can you please share your thoughts on my line of reasoning?

Q: Agile Principle “Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.” Which scrum practice helps the most in achieving this?

1. Daily Scrum
2. Sprint : Short Sprint Cycles
3. Release Planning
4. Sprint Planning
Incorrect
Sprint : Short Sprint Cycles. Having shorter sprint would enable teams to deliver early and cycle of such deliveries would make it continuous delivery to the customer. Sprint planning is there irrespective of the sprint period. 2 weeks is early against 8 weeks
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Clarification on a question from practice test

Postby saket Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Release planning is not a scrum practice, it is not included in scrum guide. If you have taken CSM you would know this is one of the frequently tested point in CSM also.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image

Return to “PMI-ACP® Open Forum”