Agile and Fixed Price Contract - Conflict - Cannot understand

Discuss PMI-ACP® doubts, tips and lesson learned. Be agile with iZenBridge
hi2shrads
Contributor
Contributor

Agile and Fixed Price Contract - Conflict - Cannot understand

Postby hi2shrads Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:25 pm

Team,

Although I have been studying agile, I am clueless on how it will work and benefit for Fixed contract.
I worked for a consultancy company and we do CRM - ERP projects for many clients.
One of the project started with defining scope, SOW, and price. After completing discovery session, we usually create a detail document and ask client to sign and after that we build / configure the system , do a demo, UAT, data migration and go live.

Now in above scenario it is easy to have change request, but one of our client asking for Agile approach using JIRA. Delivery in Sprint in cycles, training on deliverables and rolling out which will need more resources, time and efforts - mismatching with effort estimation

how do I do above project in agile way .. what are project milestones in agile way can somebody elaborate
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: Agile and Fixed Price Contract - Conflict - Cannot understand

Postby seema.sonkiya Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:52 am

Similar question we have discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7080&p=25772

Agile is a framework and comes with four values and 12 principles. Any practice which is aligned with these values and principles is Agile.

Agile does not say anything about how to define milestones? You need to select a structure or process which can provide the best suite to your requirement. From your question, I can see your preference is Scrum in Agile. You need to check what sprint length is best suited for your work.

For the Sprint length, you can explore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d1paGvoDmY

The above video is in HIndi!!

Return to “PMI-ACP® Open Forum”