CSM Forum Banner

Rita - Quality Question

Here we discuss Freely Available PMP® mock exam questions. Internet is full of free PMP® Simulators but most of these simulators does not provide good explanation of answers, here we discuss them.
Wally123

Rita - Quality Question

Postby Wally123 Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:41 am

A project has faced major difficulties in the quality of its deliverables. Management now states that quality is the most important project constraint. If another problem with quality were to occur, what would be the BEST thing for the project manager to do?

A. Fixed the problem as soon as possible
B. Allow the schedule to slip by cutting cost
C. Allow cost to increase by fixing the root cause of the problem
D. Allow risk to increase by cutting cost

I have chosen A. But the answer is C
VCAB
Participant
Participant

Re: Rita - Quality Question

Postby VCAB Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:38 pm

I think if a problem persist then there is something wrong in the planning process...while you want to fix the problem right away, you want to first investigate the cause of the problem (which is C). Cost is expected to increase because there is the cost of rework (nonconformity) which is higher during execution especially when there is weak or no conformity practices
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nazrulq Wed May 10, 2017 5:23 am

In my view answer C is the correct answer. First option is to analyze what happend and to find underlying cause rather than jumping for solution.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Wed May 10, 2017 5:50 pm

Wally123 wrote:A project has faced major difficulties in the quality of its deliverables. Management now states that quality is the most important project constraint. If another problem with quality were to occur, what would be the BEST thing for the project manager to do?

A. Fixed the problem as soon as possible
B. Allow the schedule to slip by cutting cost
C. Allow cost to increase by fixing the root cause of the problem
D. Allow risk to increase by cutting cost

I have chosen A. But the answer is C

the question is asking best thing and not first thing to do, while you need to fix the issue , since management looks at quality as crucial I think the best option it to ensure the root cause is addressed even if it means some increase in cost
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Mock Exams Open Questions”