CSM Forum Banner

Scordo Exam 12 - Q47

Here we discuss Freely Available PMP® mock exam questions. Internet is full of free PMP® Simulators but most of these simulators does not provide good explanation of answers, here we discuss them.
thiru26@gmail.com
Contributor
Contributor

Scordo Exam 12 - Q47

Postby thiru26@gmail.com Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:51 am

47) You are a Project Manager for a company that has a composite organization structure. The current project you are managing is coming to an end. There are a number of activities that need to be completed including releasing project resources. All of the following statements are examples or true statements related to releasing project resources in this company EXCEPT?
A. Documenting the release date for project resources in the project management plan
B. Transferring project equipment to the regular operations of the company
C. Reassigning project team members to a new project within the company
D. Transferring the documented lessons learned into the lessons learned database
vivek3377

Re: Scordo Exam 12 - Q47

Postby vivek3377 Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:10 am

Option C. Reassigning the released resources or keeping them on bench, or using them for some other purpose is the responsibility of the functional (or line) manager.
All other activities are responsibilities of the resources and PM before they are released from the project. Without completing these activities resources cannot be released from the project.
thiru26@gmail.com
Contributor
Contributor

Postby thiru26@gmail.com Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:13 am

Answer is given D.

D - Transferring the documented lessons learned into the lessons learned database is not linked with reassigning of project team members or transferring of project equipment at the end of the project. Lessons learned track project successes and failures, which would include factors that led to the project being cancelled. It's important to archive or transfer these records to a lessons learned knowledgebase for reference on future projects. [PMBOK 5th edition, Page 266] [Project Human Resource Management]
vivek3377

Postby vivek3377 Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:23 am

I could not find anything on PMBOK 5th edition page 266 in this regard...
In one way this is correct - just transferring the document to the org knowledge base does not need any specific resource.. it can be done by anybody.. even PM can do it. In that sense all other activities are dependent on resources getting release from the project.
ujjal_show

Postby ujjal_show Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:57 am

my take option C, it is outside the project boundary, though it's true statement.

why not option D, according to PMIsm, we need think to think as a large project, so even transferring the lesson learn seems to small work but PM will not do.
vivek3377

Postby vivek3377 Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:27 pm

Yes Ujjwal, My take is on option C as well. And I agree with the explanation given by you.
thiru26@gmail.com
Contributor
Contributor

Postby thiru26@gmail.com Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:57 am

I also selected option C, but the answer was given D.

Since i't Scordo question, may be we should go with D.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:29 am

Dear all good discussion.

option has to be D

In one of my webinar on project closure I have discussed this as well

A. Documenting the release date for project resources in the project management plan - This is responsibility of PM towards his/her team members and also needed for efficient utilization of resources within organization
B. Transferring project equipment to the regular operations of the company - All resources Human/non human needs to be returned back to whichever department they belong to, if project has purchased some resources project plan will have clear guidelines on which dept within organization this should be returned
C. Reassigning project team members to a new project within the company - This is responsibility of PM towards his/her team members , especially in projectized organization as resources don't have home to go back to, PM has to recommend resources, help find them an assignment
D. Transferring the documented lessons learned into the lessons learned database
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
Housam Bassal
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Housam Bassal Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:49 pm

I think also the correct option is D, my approach is are four statements are correct, however all first three statements(A,B,C) are related to releasing project resources, the last statement (D) is not related to releasing project resources.
Housam Bassal
Ecuador - Quito
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/housam-bassal-49984357

Return to “PMP® Mock Exams Open Questions”