CSM Forum Banner

Passed the PMI-PBA 1st @tempt !!!! Thanks to Izenbridge

PMI-PBA® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
anand_s

Passed the PMI-PBA 1st @tempt !!!! Thanks to Izenbridge

Postby anand_s Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:58 am

Hi All,

Happy to inform all about passing the PMI - PBA exam today . . .

Thanks Izenbridge for material & forums !!!! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Decomposition of my study

Seriously started preparing for the certification for the past 2 weeks.

PS: Ive already watched all the video's 2 months back & did a note on all the points.

my 1st exam domain score was Just 22/50 in Need assessment before i started ready the PBA practitioners guide

i realized having only 2 weeks for exam , i concentrated 1 domain a day & my assessment scores started to rise + the notes i took 2 month back with the videos

After 1 week i was hitting 40+ in all domains , gave me confidence

Then concentrated on Tools & Techniques + Glossary using the some reference's like Izenbridge material / 99 essential tools and techniques + PBA practitioners book

straight away my tools & techniques score hit 45 so got confidence.

4 days more . . 1st full attempt of Izenbridge PMI-PBA exam 128/200 (not happy) - reviewed to check i never read many question properly (especially last 60 questions as time goes you get lazy )

took the domain level tests to make sure i was still in 40+ level (i fell between 35-48)

1 day to go . . again took a full length test scores 154/200 (was not sure whether i will crack the exam then remembered the 175 question consideration of PMI gained hope)

Exam day was part of morning 8-12 batch , 1st 10 questions were cake walk . . pretty easy , next came looong lenthy Q's , it made my strike rate slow and started felling lazy

took my 1st break 5mins after 100 Q's (answered 90 (30 marked for review( 10 were not attempted as they were more the 5 lines ) )) - 1hr 25 mins gone

Next started attempting from 101-200 again (answered 85 - 25 marked for review of which 15 were not attempted too big ) - another 1hr 20 mins gone

Took a 10 minute break with 60 mins & 55 questions . . . completed all with 1 min to spare

Submitted to with fingers crossed :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Pass !!!!!

Questions were really vague except for the 1st 10 Q's - C of Moscow , which domain you use RACI,QFD (voice of customer)
all others Long questions totally scenario based , even had some huge activity diagram

Key - i was good in RTM domain even in tests same happened in exam , concentrate if are good in one make sure you are really good in that.

(results screen) i fell right in the middle of ON Target (needs improvement --> Below target -- (crossing this you pass)---> On target -->above target )

Need assessment - on target
    Planning - on Target
    Analysis - Below Target
    RTM - Above target
    Eval - on Target

if you have worked in some complex processes you can answer the scenario questions it will be really helpful.
you will prone to loose focus as 4 hrs is lot of time . . .take break once/twice .stay calm . .you can crack it

Once Again Thanks Seema & Saket for the training & Workshop video's !!!!!!!
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Passed the PMI-PBA 1st @tempt !!!! Thanks to Izenbridge

Postby saket Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:58 am

Congratulations !!!! Thank you for enrolling to our online program.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:09 am

Congratulations Anand on becoming successful in Professional in Business Analysis :)

Thanks for sharing your detailed exam lesson learned.
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:11 am

Congratulations Anand on becoming successful in Professional in Business Analysis :)

Thanks for sharing your detailed exam lesson learned.

Return to “PMI-PBA® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”