Cleared PBA - Exam tips

PMI-PBA® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
Vabfzd
Contributor
Contributor

Cleared PBA - Exam tips

Postby Vabfzd Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:54 am

Hi all,

I would like to use this opportunity to thanks IZenbridge for helping me preparing for PBA exam.
Before giving details on exam, I would like to give some background information to help you better.

I have industry experience of arond 10 years, played different roles as developer, Project manager and currently Business Analyst ( 2 years). This is my first certification in these 10 years so it took me a lot of efforts to move the wheel. Those who are in habit of continuing study + BA experience of 4-5 years should not take more than 3-4 months of preparation.

How to prepare for study - my recommendation
1) Read PMI provided BA book twice atleast. May be three times of you dont have enough BA experience
2) Read latest book released Requirements management Practice guide once as it emphazises same as Business analysis Practise Guide but from Project management perspective
3) Watch all the IZenbridge videos. Mark those videos that you want to view again.
4) Make your own notes - specially those which you are not comfortable with
5) Take Izenbridge practice test after completing each areas. Full length test when you have gone through whole book.
6) Use Izenbrdge forum to clear doubts or to discuss your queries. Try understanding the logic/reasoning instead of mugging up the answers.

How exam look like
1) Very few direct questions such as full form of MoScow, SMART goals
2) Most questions are based on your past B.A knowledge in context with PMI recommendations through book
3) Lots of scenario based questions. PMI gives you a situation and asks what will you do in this situation as a B.A
4) No numerical question in my exam
5) 200 ques in 4 hours. I finished exam in 3.30 mins and reviewed questions that I have marked before.
6) Language might seem a little difficult specially for those who are from vernacular medium.
7) You can mark question for later review or leave a question to attempt later. PMI has 10-15 min video at the start of exam to familiarize you with exam tool.

My suggestion
1) Dont completely rely on questions that you have done in practice and full length test. These questions are to build your foundation, to make your concept clear but don't expect that these questions will come in your real exams
2) Dont over-prepare as PMI exam comes with surprises. Once your are getting 75%+ in IZ full length test, you are good to go.
3) There will be few questions that wont make sense to you or all options will be equally right or equally incorrect. Dont waste more than 3-4 minutes if you dont get it. Mark these questions for later review
4) Make a exam strategy. How will you monitor your progress. Is 50 questions in 1 hours good. Will you take a 3-4 min break say after 100 questions etc
5) Practice sitting and concentrating for 4 hours, it might be tough for some.

I am here on Forum, feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Regards,
Vaibhav
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: Cleared PBA - Exam tips

Postby seema.sonkiya Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:14 am

Congratulations Vaibhav!!! and I thank you for sharing your exam lesson learned. It would be great help for other participants.
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:20 am

Congratulations !!! which certificate are you targeting next ?
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
Vabfzd
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Vabfzd Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:11 am

Hi Saket,

I am thinking to do either PMP or PMI - ACP but not very sure as I have less experience in both Project management ( 1.3yrs) and Agile ( 08-9 months).

I feel that for any of the above two certifications, a candidate must have good experience in the work area otherwise it will be difficult to relate things and hence to clear the exam ?
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:13 pm

alternatively you can take PSM (Professional Scrum Master) or (Professional Scrum Product Owner ) if agile is more like scrum in your context. both these exams are governed by scrum.org and we do have program which can make you ready for both.

www.izenbridge.com/scrum/online-scrum-m ... ification/

Image Image Image Image
Vabfzd
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Vabfzd Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:31 am

Thanks.. What about PMI- ACP ? PMI ACP or Scrum which one should I prefer.
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:16 am

I suggest starting with Scrum : PSM 1 , since it can be done faster, may be you target PMI-ACP as next certificate.

Image Image Image Image
Vabfzd
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Vabfzd Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:01 am

Hi Saket,

I have decided to go for PMP. Can I speak to you or one of the trainers to discuss few queries that I have.
Besides, can I please get the Info Brochure for PMP ONline programs.

Thanks
Vab.ras@gmail.com
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:06 am

Vaibhav,

My colleague Jyoti will contact you to provide information for the PMP
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert