Procurement

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
Satya

Procurement

Postby Satya Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Q.Vendor suddenly stopped the supply and is not reachable. Project is reaching the deadline. Client already mentioned not to give any surprises regarding the delivery and the quality.Project manager already revised the baselines for the delivery in the last cycle.PM hesitates to update the client about the schedule.What would have PM done to avoid this situation.

A. Try to find another customer
B. Raise a change request
C.Escalate the issue to higher management
D.Talk to customer and rebaseline.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Procurement

Postby manishpn Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Satya wrote:Q.Vendor suddenly stopped the supply and is not reachable. Project is reaching the deadline. Client already mentioned not to give any surprises regarding the delivery and the quality.Project manager already revised the baselines for the delivery in the last cycle.PM hesitates to update the client about the schedule.What would have PM done to avoid this situation.

This question is asking next best step hopefully as none of the option below would have avoided the situation, not sure what mock are you taking?

A. Try to find another customer - not an option
B. Raise a change request - This is critical issue and has to be first reported, CR will follow
C.Escalate the issue to higher management - This is the next best step
D.Talk to customer and rebaseline. - needs to be at later stage
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
Satya

Postby Satya Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:19 pm

Hi Manish,

the question is asking what PM would have done to avoid the situation. I think PM should have an alternate plan B right ,
is my thinking correct.But options does not specify anything like that..Depending on the situation how to trace back the questions like ' WHAT WOULD HAVE PM DONE TO AVOID THE STUATION'.

Not able to solve these situations any trick please.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:15 pm

Satya wrote:Hi Manish,

the question is asking what PM would have done to avoid the situation. I think PM should have an alternate plan B right ,
is my thinking correct.But options does not specify anything like that..Depending on the situation how to trace back the questions like ' WHAT WOULD HAVE PM DONE TO AVOID THE STUATION'.

Not able to solve these situations any trick please.

there are many ways to avoid situations, regular audits, meeting with suppliers etc and capturing this as a risk.
I must recommend not to spend time on such mock tests.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”