Stakeholder Management

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
salman_2005
Participant
Participant

Stakeholder Management

Postby salman_2005 Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:58 pm

Identify Stakeholder process mentions Prioritization in T&T and again Prioritization is mentioned in Plan Stakeholder Engagement process in the T&T?
Where prioritization actually gets performed. If in both the processes then what is the difference?

Please help me to understand.

Thank You.

Salman
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Stakeholder Management

Postby manishpn Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:50 am

CAN I REQUEST YOU to POST YOUR QUESTIONS IN EXCLUSIVE SECTION FOR FASTER RESPONSE

salman_2005 wrote:Identify Stakeholder process mentions Prioritization in T&T and again Prioritization is mentioned in Plan Stakeholder Engagement process in the T&T?
Where prioritization actually gets performed. If in both the processes then what is the difference?

In some sense it is same
Identify Stakeholder process : There is a limit to how many stakeholders Project can focus on , so base don the appetite or bandwidth available with the Project, PM may choose to not prioritize some least critical stakeholders and include them at later stage when project can or include them if they turn into important ones
The stakeholder register which is output of this process may have a section on stakeholders which are not prioritized just as an FYI
Plan Stakeholder Engagement:
This may once again relook at the prioritization done earlier and make changes if needed, however in this process Project also does prioritization of the individuals stakeholders requirements, which is an addition to the identify stakeholder process

Please help me to understand.

Thank You.

Salman
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
salman_2005
Participant
Participant

Re: Stakeholder Management

Postby salman_2005 Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:29 pm