Sequence Activities

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
salman_2005
Participant
Participant

Sequence Activities

Postby salman_2005 Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:50 pm

As per PMBOK: "Two activities can have two logical relationships at the same time (For example SS AND FF). Multiple relationships between the same activities are not recommended, so a decision has to be made to select the relationship with the highest impact. Closed loops are also not recommended in logical relationships".

This sounds confusing to me.

Please help.

Thank you.

Salman
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Sequence Activities

Postby manishpn Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:23 pm

salman_2005 wrote:As per PMBOK: "Two activities can have two logical relationships at the same time (For example SS AND FF).
I hope this is clear , Multiple relationships between the same activities are not recommended,
so if Activities A and B have SS, FF relationship , then the same activities shud not have FF at the same time.

so a decision has to be made to select the relationship with the highest impact.
In case the above scenarios that I mentioned is still true then PM has to decide which one , FF or SS , has highest impact on the project schedule and choose that while preparing the SND

Closed loops are also not recommended in logical relationships".

"Closed loops" in PDM networks are accidents - typically called circular logic in the software.
Example, "complete reading" - "close book" - "complete reading." closed loops are "not recommended" as their existence prevents completion of the schedule calculations.

Real projects do include some feedback loops, especially with respect to inspection and testing, but these are usually not modeled directly using PDM.

This sounds confusing to me.

Please help.

Thank you.

Salman
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”