Please Evaluate the quality of this question

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
puja.pajan1984

Please Evaluate the quality of this question

Postby puja.pajan1984 Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:37 pm

Below is a question posted by a PMP preparation company that my employer enrolled us for a bootcamp. I got many questions wrong on this guy's test, which is fine. But I want to know how is the queslity of this question in comparison to actual PMP exam. To me, this question was very very ambiguous.

You are a PM. You have reviewed the designs carefully with the customer as required in your Work Authorization system. The customer approved the documents clearly defined the stated requirements and scope baseline. You formally close the phase. You have now developed the prototype based on approved design and sent to the customer to verify that the prototype is acceptable. He says that the prototype is too big for his space. A review od design shows that the prototype is exactly as designed. What should PM do next?

1. Go to sponsor and seek his help to get another customer to review the prototype.
2. Report the issue to CCB.
3. Proceed to testing phase while CR is being written
4. Hold all project work until CR is approved and implemented.

I understand that there may be a factor of " customer satisfaction - adhere to requirements an fitness of use", but I feel all options are bad choice. So, I make #1 as to get second opinion from another customer. But, the correct answer is #4. :?: :?: :?:
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Please Evaluate the quality of this question

Postby manishpn Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:19 pm

puja.pajan1984 wrote:Below is a question posted by a PMP preparation company that my employer enrolled us for a bootcamp. I got many questions wrong on this guy's test, which is fine. But I want to know how is the queslity of this question in comparison to actual PMP exam. To me, this question was very very ambiguous.

You are a PM. You have reviewed the designs carefully with the customer as required in your Work Authorization system. The customer approved the documents clearly defined the stated requirements and scope baseline. You formally close the phase. You have now developed the prototype based on approved design and sent to the customer to verify that the prototype is acceptable. He says that the prototype is too big for his space. A review od design shows that the prototype is exactly as designed. What should PM do next?

1. Go to sponsor and seek his help to get another customer to review the prototype.
2. Report the issue to CCB.
3. Proceed to testing phase while CR is being written
4. Hold all project work until CR is approved and implemented.

I understand that there may be a factor of " customer satisfaction - adhere to requirements an fitness of use", but I feel all options are bad choice. So, I make #1 as to get second opinion from another customer. But, the correct answer is #4. :?: :?: :?:

There is a little bit ambiguity here, however if the entire deliverable is in question, even if the customer has approved the design on paper it is always good to find a amicable solution rather then taking a confrontation route, (If there was a contract involved then the approach would be different)

1. Go to sponsor and seek his help to get another customer to review the prototype. This can be done as a last resort
2. Report the issue to CCB. - I this this also a kind of correct, but reporting the issue to CCB alone is not a good idea, CCB should be presented with impact analysis etc
3. Proceed to testing phase while CR is being written '- This makes little sense to take a confrontational route
4. Hold all project work until CR is approved and implemented. - Although not convincing to hold the entire project work, but this is the best of given option
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”