Scope Management

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
puja.pajan1984

Scope Management

Postby puja.pajan1984 Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:11 am

You are managing a software project and happy doing it as your team has been working for 2 months, and so far the project is on track. Your project lead comes to you with a problem. He told you that there is a work package which is causing trouble and making many other work packages fail. You or your team have no clue who is responsible for it, the accounting department does not know what cost center to bill it against, and it’s not even clear exactly what work should be performed. Which of the following would BEST help this situation?

1.Scope Management Plan
2.WBS Dictionary
3.Scope validation
4.Alternative analysis

Answer - 2 and I answered 1.
My confusion - Since its stated "and it’s not even clear exactly what work should be performed." clearly, WBS and WBS dictionary are not written correctly/ completely. Therefore, whats the point of referring to the WBS dictionary. So, I marked scope management plan as my answer, as it should have the procedure to handle such situations where scope needs clarification.

Please clarify.
nagak7079@gmail.com

Re: Scope Management

Postby nagak7079@gmail.com Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:16 am

my choice is 2

1.Scope Management Plan
2.WBS Dictionary
3.Scope validation
4.Alternative analysis

4. is wrong bcz its part of schedule mgt
3.is wrong its done against accepted deliverables
1. is wrong bcz its an input for create WBS, where we get scope BL.(where we can clear WP definition)

any plan will tell HOW to do but not actually does any work.
Prembalaji
Participant
Participant

Postby Prembalaji Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:35 am

Keyword for the answer : "and it’s not even clear exactly what work should be performed"
Cheers,
PJ
puja.pajan1984

Postby puja.pajan1984 Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:33 pm

yes now that I think of it. I made an assumption that the project lead actually read the WBS dictionary and even then it was not clear and hence I assumed that WBS dictionary was not complete. My bad. Thanks all.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:48 pm

good discussion
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”