During PMP exam do they provide scratch paper?

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
ajaynit
Contributor
Contributor

During PMP exam do they provide scratch paper?

Postby ajaynit Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi, just wondering, for those of you who took the exam, do you recall how much scratch paper is given? Is it like a couple sheets of paper A4 size or just little note cards or??? I am building my "brain dump" and I was just thinking, maybe I won't have enough room!

also can carry my own pen inside?

do they provide calculator?

i see some year old responses on same kind of questions but just want to double check how is the situation right now if it has changed?
Prembalaji
Participant
Participant

Re: During PMP exam do they provide scratch paper?

Postby Prembalaji Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:55 am

They Give you 2 A4 size pink color papers and 2 pencils, u cannot carry any of ur own stationary Items inside.

And if run out of the 2 papers they provide u another set of 2 new papers in exchange of previously given papers.
Which means u get to have only 2 papers on ur exam table at any given point of time.
Cheers,
PJ
kushalks87
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kushalks87 Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:42 am

you will get the papers as prembalaji said however if you run out of the first sheet you will need to create the brain dump again. so for me i never did any brain dump and relied on my memory which did not disappoint me in the final exam
kushalks87
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kushalks87 Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:44 am

yes they do provide calculator but you need to ask beforehand. if you dont ask they assume that you do not require it. :mrgreen:
deepak_kavathe87

Postby deepak_kavathe87 Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:04 am

Mark is in execution phase of the road construction project in a town which has total duration of 12 months and work effort evenly distributed. 3 months down the line during the execution phase mark realizes that there is a change in local law which demands sound proof fencing of the road passing near the hospitals and School. This task was not foreseen and not included in cost baseline of USD Mn 18. Mark submits a Change request to CCB. While total cost budget for project is USD 25 Mn CCB approves to use USD 2 Mn for additional work from Management reserves to baseline. Ion Mark has been informed that there will be fluctuation in price of cement and timely delivery could also be impacted due to shortage in supply. At the end of 6th month mark present following performance graph to Steering group. Steering Group is keen to complete the project on time and budget and asks Mark about his opinion on how much more will he need to complete the project. Mark answer should be

There is one atypical variance which had resulted in revision of cost baseline as Management reserve of 2Mn was used. However there is also known variances that would occur in future which will impact cost and schedule. In situations where project has to complete on time and variances of both cost and schedule would occur in future, EAC = AC+ ((BAC-EV)/(SPI*CPI))

AC= 11

BAC= 20

SPI= EV/PV= 10/9 = 1.11

CPI= EV/AC = 10/11= 0.9

EAC = 11+ ((20-10)/(1.11*0.9))= 21

ETC = EAC - AC = 10

CAN ANY ONE EXPLAIN ME HOW THIS IS ARRIVED
ajaynit
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ajaynit Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:10 am

thanks Kushal & balaji.
your inputs are great help..

good that you told i need to ask for calculator beforehand :-)
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:22 pm

deepak_kavathe87 wrote:Mark is in execution phase of the road construction project in a town which has total duration of 12 months and work effort evenly distributed. 3 months down the line during the execution phase mark realizes that there is a change in local law which demands sound proof fencing of the road passing near the hospitals and School. This task was not foreseen and not included in cost baseline of USD Mn 18. Mark submits a Change request to CCB. While total cost budget for project is USD 25 Mn CCB approves to use USD 2 Mn for additional work from Management reserves to baseline. Ion Mark has been informed that there will be fluctuation in price of cement and timely delivery could also be impacted due to shortage in supply. At the end of 6th month mark present following performance graph to Steering group. Steering Group is keen to complete the project on time and budget and asks Mark about his opinion on how much more will he need to complete the project. Mark answer should be

There is one atypical variance which had resulted in revision of cost baseline as Management reserve of 2Mn was used. However there is also known variances that would occur in future which will impact cost and schedule. In situations where project has to complete on time and variances of both cost and schedule would occur in future, EAC = AC+ ((BAC-EV)/(SPI*CPI))

AC= 11

BAC= 20

SPI= EV/PV= 10/9 = 1.11

CPI= EV/AC = 10/11= 0.9

EAC = 11+ ((20-10)/(1.11*0.9))= 21

ETC = EAC - AC = 10

CAN ANY ONE EXPLAIN ME HOW THIS IS ARRIVED

Kindly post this question in a new thread
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/