One day bangalore & kolkata

Advise on how to go with PMP preprations in 40 days

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
Prachi Bansal

Advise on how to go with PMP preprations in 40 days

Postby Prachi Bansal Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:53 am

Hi All,

I would need your advise on how to go with PMP preparations.

Exam Date: 26/02/2018

So I registered back in Mar'17 and since then my preparations are going on and off. I have read PMBOK twice but once in June'17 and once in Oct'17. I have gone through all the Izenbridge videos almost 3 times but one in Jun'17 and twice in Oct'17. I know almost all the topics but not they are a bit faint in my memory. I haven't given any full test till now. Though I always attended chapter end questions of Izenbridge.

Now, I have to clear the exam on this date as my application would expire on 25/03/2018. So, It's kind of deadline for me.

Any suggestions about the study plan I should follow? I was thinking to revise everything i.e. my notes, videos and PMBOK in first 15 days and then just do questions.

Your suggestions would be really helpful for me.

Thanks!!
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Advise on how to go with PMP preprations in 40 days

Postby nazrulq Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:42 am

Now a days questions are too tough. Previously they have given direct questions from glossary, ITTO etc.
PMP questions are situational with no direct answer!
I think through read out Rita's book might help. Saket's videos will also give clarity.
Questions are not like Mock Tests!
kushalks87
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kushalks87 Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:39 am

I passed my exam last month and i think you have enough time to study and pass as you are not new to the PMBOK.

give all the 5 mocks analyze them and identify your weak areas and look it up in rita or Headfirst.

Contrary to what people have shared in the forms and webinar I found my exam a mix of easy and tough questions and i had a feeling that i have solved a similar question in the mocks and chapterend mocks on the quampus.
Prachi Bansal

Postby Prachi Bansal Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:39 am

kushalks87 wrote:I passed my exam last month and i think you have enough time to study and pass as you are not new to the PMBOK.

give all the 5 mocks analyze them and identify your weak areas and look it up in rita or Headfirst.

Contrary to what people have shared in the forms and webinar I found my exam a mix of easy and tough questions and i had a feeling that i have solved a similar question in the mocks and chapterend mocks on the quampus.

Thanks for your response and congratulations for clearing your exam. I am now revising very quickly all the Knowledge Areas from my hand made notes(which are very descriptive). Post that, I plan to do mocks. Then again PMBOK reading and Saket's videos.

Let's see how does it go. Fingers crossed.
kushalks87
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kushalks87 Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:22 am

Prachi Bansal wrote:
kushalks87 wrote:I passed my exam last month and i think you have enough time to study and pass as you are not new to the PMBOK.

Thanks for your response and congratulations for clearing your exam. I am now revising very quickly all the Knowledge Areas from my hand made notes(which are very descriptive). Post that, I plan to do mocks. Then again PMBOK reading and Saket's videos.

Let's see how does it go. Fingers crossed.

I am sure you will do well. I did not memorize any itto's or scored heavily and clear with overall target score. You can read my story below(in case you want more details)

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7356

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”