Project management Process Group

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Project management Process Group

Postby nazrulq Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:59 am

The key purpose of this process group is to align stakeholder's expectation within the project scope and to give them visibility about the scope and project objectives. Which process group is referred here:

1. Initiating
2.Planning
3.Executing
4. Monitor and controlling
5. Closing.

In my opinion I emphasize on the word visibility of scope. That can only be possible while stakeholders are indentified Hence option 1 is the correct answer. If we emphasize the word expectation then it comes Manage Stakeholder Engagement which is Executing . I guess they are not talking about managing Stakeholders. :D :D

Can Manish Explain Further Please!
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Project management Process Group

Postby manishpn Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:39 pm

nazrulq wrote:The key purpose of this process group is to align stakeholder's expectation within the project scope and to give them visibility about the scope and project objectives. Which process group is referred here:

1. Initiating
2.Planning
3.Executing
4. Monitor and controlling
5. Closing.

In my opinion I emphasize on the word visibility of scope. That can only be possible while stakeholders are indentified Hence option 1 is the correct answer. If we emphasize the word expectation then it comes Manage Stakeholder Engagement which is Executing . I guess they are not talking about managing Stakeholders. :D :D

Can Manish Explain Further Please!

yes its initiating process group
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
suresi00
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Project management Process Group

Postby suresi00 Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:54 pm

I think Manish sir it is execution .

What are we trying to do here

1. aligning the stakeholder expectation
2. for what ? to bring them engaged with the project
3. For that what should we do : we need to give them visibility about the scope and project objectives

Pmbok manage stakeholder engagement talks about project objectives.

Identify stakeholder is all about you finding the one affected by the project

The key purpose of this process group is to align stakeholder's expectation within the project scope and to give them visibility about the scope and project objectives. Which process group is referred here:

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”