CSM Forum Banner

Gold Plating

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
komal
Participant
Participant

Gold Plating

Postby komal Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:45 am

The Project Manager determines at the end of the project that five additional functionalities and two areas of performance have been added to the project. The client has expressed satisfaction with the project. What does this mean in the terms of success of the project?

The Project was a big success
The Project was unsuccessful
The Project was unsuccessful because the customer would have paid more for the additional functionalities
The project was successful because customer was satisfied and the team had a chance to learn new functionalities

I understand this is Gold Plating but customer is satisfied. Then how correct answer is B . It should be A.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Gold Plating

Postby manishpn Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:16 pm

komal wrote:The Project Manager determines at the end of the project that five additional functionalities and two areas of performance have been added to the project. The client has expressed satisfaction with the project. What does this mean in the terms of success of the project?

The Project was a big success
The Project was unsuccessful
The Project was unsuccessful because the customer would have paid more for the additional functionalities
The project was successful because customer was satisfied and the team had a chance to learn new functionalities

I understand this is Gold Plating but customer is satisfied. Then how correct answer is B . It should be A.
I cannot really comment based on the information provided.
five additional functionalities and two areas of performance have been added to the project is perfectly fine as long as the additions are inline with the business case and formally approved, so there is no indication of GOLD Plating,
I hope this mock you are attempting has good explanation on this option

Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”