CSM Forum Banner

Project Closure Documents

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Project Closure Documents

Postby nazrulq Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:16 am

Q. Project is near to completion, Project charter is the document which authorized the project in the beginning.
The contractor has his own Project Charter to implement the project. Now customer needs to verify the project
deliverables as mentioned in the project charter. To which document PM to refer to:

1. Project Charter
2. Project Charter by Contractor
3. Project Management Plan.
4. Contract

Please feel free for your choice!
kushalks87
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Project Closure Documents

Postby kushalks87 Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:05 am

Project charter as it is sort of a document which you as a customer/sponsor will provide your signature to authorize the project. I dont think so we can have more than one project charter for a project
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:35 pm

nazrulq wrote:Q. Project is near to completion, Project charter is the document which authorized the project in the beginning.
The contractor has his own Project Charter to implement the project. Now customer needs to verify the project
deliverables as mentioned in the project charter. To which document PM to refer to:

To me this question does not have information if the entire project is a BUY or parts of it.
When you engage the Vendor the deliverable of Seller are always compared with Contract document scope, Project charters either on seller or buyer side does not have legal standing, the are documents to for cosumption within the organization, I will go with option #4

1. Project Charter
2. Project Charter by Contractor
3. Project Management Plan.
4. Contract

Please feel free for your choice!
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nazrulq Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:23 am

Thank You Manish. That was my guess too. When Buyer and Seller relationship happens always contract is a mutual agreement .Sometimes we verify with Project management Plan as it is a input of close Project/ phase process!

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”