CSM Forum Banner

Communications query.

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
nirajsys@gmail.com
Participant
Participant

Communications query.

Postby nirajsys@gmail.com Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:43 am

The marketing head of your company raised an issue that he is not being kept in loop about the change in release date of project, you looked at Project Communication Management Plan and found that he is not included in the list of stakeholders who gets an update related to project schedule variances. You feel that marketing head should be included in schedule related communications, what should you do next?

A.Include Marketing head in all future schedule related communications

B.Update the Communication Management Plan

C.Raise a Change Request

D.Tell marketing head that he can anytime call you and get the desired information

correct answer is option C.

But would updating the communication plan,followed by rasing a CR not be the right sequence?
kushalks87
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Communications query.

Postby kushalks87 Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:33 am

any changes to communication plan requires a written CR. Even i had the same doubt however on bigger projects you simply cant make changes to the communication plan at your own discretion.

even my thinking is the same however the standard practice is to have a CR filed in case you need to make changes in the communciations management plan and get it approved before going ahead and making those changes
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Communications query.

Postby nazrulq Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:08 am

To include Communication Management Plan , Stakeholder Register or Stakeholder Traceability Matix to be updated.To updated.In this regard, it is necessary to generate a change request .Hence, in my opinion, is the right answer!

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”