CSM Forum Banner

Process Group wise

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
worldforjay

Process Group wise

Postby worldforjay Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:46 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to take my PMP exam mid of next month, as per the learning plan from Izenbridge, I am at now "Master" stage, watching videos and parallelly reading PMBOK and Rita too.

Due to my work, personal schedule and the key is my PMP exam overdue is going to end of October, I had to book my exam slot on Aug'17.

In 2014, I cleared my CAPM exam, as a result of the same exam I could say that I am having an average level of understanding about PMBOK framework, this is my next move to get PMP exam.

I took few mock exams from few sources(one from Izenbridge, remaining from another PMP coaching provider) and got 60 to 67%.

I knew that still I need to improve my score, but to do the same I am preparing process group wise instead of KA wise.

Can you please any one of you share your suggestions.
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Process Group wise

Postby nazrulq Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:24 pm

I do n't think over 85% will give you guarantee to PASS. I saw people failed getting over 90% and passed barely got 70%. Depends on your concentration on exam day and how well you understand the concept also well you interpret the questions and eliminate the wrong choice.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:33 pm

worldforjay wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to take my PMP exam mid of next month, as per the learning plan from Izenbridge, I am at now "Master" stage, watching videos and parallelly reading PMBOK and Rita too.

Due to my work, personal schedule and the key is my PMP exam overdue is going to end of October, I had to book my exam slot on Aug'17.

In 2014, I cleared my CAPM exam, as a result of the same exam I could say that I am having an average level of understanding about PMBOK framework, this is my next move to get PMP exam.

I took few mock exams from few sources(one from Izenbridge, remaining from another PMP coaching provider) and got 60 to 67%.
For izenbridge receomended score is 85% an up, I cannot comment on other mock exams.
However for all mock exams that you take, you should analyze your answers (both right and wrong) and identify GAP areas

I knew that still I need to improve my score, but to do the same I am preparing process group wise instead of KA wise.

Its an invidual choice of going KA or Process group wise, I prefer KA wise however it does not matter as long as you have comfort level in your approach and are able to understand how different processes interact

Can you please any one of you share your suggestions.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
worldforjay

Postby worldforjay Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:55 am

Thank you Nazurlq, Manish, for your suggestion

on 16th Aug'17, I cleared my PMP exam.
pmp_learner
Participant
Participant

Postby pmp_learner Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:03 am

Congratulation for passing the exam !!!!
Please share delegates tips, your journey to pass PMP and any suggestions/recommendations for future exam takers if you can.
Thanks & All the very best.
worldforjay

Postby worldforjay Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:48 pm

Thank you,
Shared my journey in the PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories forum

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”