CSM Forum Banner

Schedule Management

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Schedule Management

Postby nazrulq Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:52 pm

Question: You are a principal at an architecture firm which has made you the Project Manager in charge of building three new apartment and office towers on a larger waterfront construction. The project has a critical path of twenty-five weeks. What is the impact on the duration of the critical path if the management wants you to complete the project in twenty weeks?

1 Increases by three weeks.
2 Decreases by three weeks.
3 Remains the same.
4 Cannot be determined.

My justification the correct answer should be 3 as there will be negative float for -5 weeks. PM either need to do schedule compression fast track or crushed the project to meet up management's requirement. There is no information about CPI and SPI. Also need to modify the critical path. After fast tracking or crushing when project management will update as a process of updating schedule baseline, a new critical path for future reference should be 20 weeks.

So in that type of situation what would be best solution!
dsharma06

Re: Schedule Management

Postby dsharma06 Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:07 pm

Hey Nazrulq

Pls let me know what is the correct answer of this question? I was assuming that the correct answer would be 4. Cannot be determined. (Considering the limited information provided in the question) since Critical Path time can only be reduced either by Crashing/Fast Tracking OR making changes in the Scope (reducing the scope of the work.)

Manish - Can you pls share your views here?

Thanks
Deepak
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Schedule Management

Postby nazrulq Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:23 pm

I would go for option 4.

But the answer is remains same! Not Clear! If Manish Can explian illaborately! Much Appreciated.

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”