CSM Forum Banner

Scope

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Scope

Postby nazrulq Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:11 am

In construction project, PM is creating documents that will define the product or report status on product completion. These can also be referred to as:

1 Project documents 2 Project management plan
3 Scope baseline 4 Scope management plan

Correct Answer 1.

My Answer is option 4.

Can somebosdy Elluatrate!
VCAB
Participant
Participant

Re: Scope

Postby VCAB Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:04 am

Let me try

In construction project, PM is creating documents that will define the product or report status on product completion. These can also be referred to as:

The question is actually defining the scope statement, which is a project document (Ans 1). The product is measured against the product scope or the requirements.
Option 2 is also correct, but Option 1 is more specific and a better choice, while the define scope is a process and the output of same is the project which can also include the product scope), it is not the best option

Option 3 the scope baseline is a good option also and frankly to me and is equally weighted, this could be an answer also
Scope Management plan defines the process of defining, controlling and validating the scope

Overall, I think the question is ok but the options are not great because I think option 1 and 3 could be right....

I hope one of the adm could help clarify these options also
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:30 pm

nazrulq wrote:In construction project, PM is creating documents that will define the product or report status on product completion. These can also be referred to as:

Correct Answer 1.

My Answer is option 4.

Can somebody Elluatrate!

This one is best handled through elimination, though i dont like such poor quality question and in PMP exam you get more situational question not such type.

1 Project documents -
2 Project management plan - This can clearly be eliminated
3 Scope baseline - this can be a potential option if the question did not mention of reporting status, we dont use scope baseline to report,
4 Scope management plan - SPM does not define the product, it helps team on how the scope will be defined and managed
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
VCAB
Participant
Participant

Postby VCAB Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:17 pm

thanks....I overlooked a key word...... reporting. Thanks for highlight

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”